Is it possible to use this thread to compile watchtowers Armageddon illustrations

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

The Paradise Book picture has stayed in my memory all these years. My mum still has that book, I was looking at it a couple of days ago. I was two when that was published so I must have been very young when my mum got it and happily showed it to me!

I literally had nightmares about it, and for what?

• carla
    carla
    Thanks to all for posting these, quite a collection of psychological blackmail.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is not an Armageddon pic, but I still found it very creepy ! From the "Isaiah's Prophesy " book vol 2 p259 (published 2001)

I would like to repeat the appeal to "Betterdaze" - Please can you give the citation and ref. for the pics you posted ? They are strange to me

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My apologies to betterdaze . A bit of Googling on image search found those pics on jw.org. These days I take little interest in public editions of the rags and I had not seen them. This one for example was Jan 1st 2013

• tiki
    tiki
    they are indeed for real - aside from the more recent ones - absolutely. but isn't it just amazing that someone would actually deny that they use these scare tactics?!?!?
  • Heaven
    Heaven

This is one f'ed up religion.

• InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

Since it's my Avatar, I'll leave this one.

What a loving, compassionate God!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    tiki: but isn't it just amazing that someone would actually deny that they use these scare tactics?!?!?

I think that some JWs are unable to process what the images actually portray. They are numb to them. Some JWs are so mentally damaged that their sense of normalcy is totally out of whack.

My sister is one of those who would deny that the WTS uses scary images. She would say something inane like, "Oh, no! You have it all wrong! Those pictures aren't meant to be scary - only bad people see them as scary. You should come back to Jehovah."

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Wait a minute, where is the mom with the blonde baby on the rock?? It was edited out???
  • InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

I have noticed that too. I think since they couldn't have their dinosaur in the MBOBS, they decided they would throw in a frightened mother and baby. For comparison:

1978 version:

Current:

Ah, how time changes all bullshit :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit