More pyramid nonsense

by FadeToBlack 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Joseph T. "Judge" Rutherford, a leader of the early Jehovah's Witness movement, was determined to put an end to the "Christian Pyramidology" espoused by his predecessor, Charles Taze Russell.

Rutherford wrote a two-part article —appearing in the November 15 and December 1, 1928 editions of the Watch Tower—titled, "The Altar in Egypt," wherein he declared:

It is certain that the pyramid of Gizeh was not built by Jehovah God; nor was it built at his command. It is more reasonable to conclude that the great pyramid of Gizeh, as well as the other pyramids thereabout, also the sphinx, were built by the rulers of Egypt and under the direction of Satan the Devil. Then Satan put his knowledge in dead stone, which may be called Satan's Bible, and not God's stone witness. In erecting the pyramid, of course, Satan would put in some truth, because that is his method of practicing fraud and deceit.

Satan is a wily Foe. He resorts to all manner of schemes to draw men away from Jehovah and his service. One of the most subtle schemes Satan has yet adopted to accomplish that purpose has been and is the use of the pyramid of Gizeh. There are those who rely upon the pyramid who claim to be of Christ and his followers. We now wonder why we ever believed in or devoted any time to the study of the pyramid of Gizeh. Not only will we abandon such a study now, but we will ask God to forgive us for wasting the time that we put in on it and redeem the time by hurrying on to obey his commandments.

More info in link to authors that influenced JW founder Russell.

http://io9.com/10-bizarre-theories-about-the-pyramids-that-dont-involv-1648634533

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Should we then ascribe to Satan the new light doctrine? It always starts out false and gets made accurate. How like the Satan that Joe knew!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nothing like black and white cult think to guarantee a mad naked dash into the thorny bushes of delusion is there?

Lets see, if Jehovah didnt build / or get someone to build the pyramids, then it MUST of course be SATAN! Stupid deluded fundie cult think right there!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

The part that really caught my attention I highlighted in bold. How many other whack-job ideas advanced as 'truth' since Rutherford could 'we' make the same comment about now?

Trumpet blasts in Revelation = published notices from Cedar point Ohio conventions? How could we ever have believed that (or kinda pretended that we did)?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Thanks to Judgy Rutherford to clear that up...he could then concentrate on the earthly princes being resurrected in 1925...because that was not a waste of his time...or money...oh wait...hang on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit