Rabies - worldwide the deadliest of all viruses

by tootired2care 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I never realized that rabies is the deadliest of all virusus worldwide; every year it's responsible for the deaths of 60,000 people, and untold animal death and suffering.

http://www.horizonhealth.eu/article/deadliest-viral-disease-we-know/306

This virus has been afflicting human and animal life on this planet since the dawn of time. How could anyone love a god who created this this tool of immense suffering?

• clarity
    clarity

Wow Tootired2care I am surprised at that number!

Seems like an old 'bug' that we had control of, but

60,000 is a lot!

clarity

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not sure we can pin rabies on God. For all we know, there are lots of gods and/or goddesses and at least one or some of them could be messing with us. Perhaps we're part of some big chess game or clash of the Titans.

A god that would give us rabies? He/she sounds pretty mean.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Australia does not have rabies. Maybe God has blessed our great country! Sorry all you cursed Americans but this is "Gods Country."

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Australia no, but

and then there is hendra virus

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Wow Tootired2care I am surprised at that number!

Seems like an old 'bug' that we had control of, but

60,000 is a lot!

I was too, there are treatments for it (man figured this out not god), but for many poorer countries this is not an option. What is interesting to me about this virus is that it affects animals much more than humans. If it claims 60,000 humans a year, how many animals does it claim?

It causes tremendous human and animal suffering, and is yet another perfect example of how reality just flat out does not reconcile with the idea of a loving god.

A god that would give us rabies? He/she sounds pretty mean.

Pretty mean indeed, nothing like the loving and just god's portrayed in many religious texts.

• steve2
    steve2

I understand that the commonest source of transmission in western countries occurs when humans are biiten by infected dogs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit