Inside the Heaven's Gate Suicide Cult

by frankiespeakin 3 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

I only watched a few minutes of it...but will watch it all later. Just so sad how religion can be used to hurt people and cause such devastating actions to occur.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I remember it well. Very chilling and a reminder of how religeous fanatics can be the most evil of the evil.

Jonestown is another.

JW's are another - blood doctrine and nuetrality doctrines that get people killed (Zimbabwe) but are ignored when convenient (Mexico) it goes on.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I view the JW 'religion', Jonestown and Heaven's Gate in exactly the same way: EVIL CULTS!!! All causing untold harm and misery to their deluded followers. A common factor is that all three cults promise 'salvation' if only the leaders are believed unconditionally. The JW 'religion' is really just pure EVIL when all is said and done. Who can donut that most die-hard JWs would gladly drink poison and die if the cult leaders commanded it. After all, they already tell Witness parents to let their sick children die rather than accept a life-saving blood transfusion. They are totally EVIL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit