Infuriating Elder recorded on JWStruggle

by dhlpcjw 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I called an elder once when I was severely distressed, as in suicidal. Sounded exactly like this guy on the other end of the phone coupled with an explanation on how he was putting some honey in his tea when I had called him and that it was good and hot. All this coupled with sounds of exhaling appreciatively whilst drinking it. Either he was being passive aggressive in an effort to get back at me for perceived wrongs or just plain dumb and clueless as to the situation. The latter being the most likely. True incompetence.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

What an idiot that elder is, completely clueless!

It's all about him and formalities, not the person that is in need of comfort and understanding.

She didn't need a lesson in how to write a letter, she needed to be heard.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This woman is clearly in need of serious psychological counseling and help. She is an emotional mess.

The problem is that both she and the elders think that she can get that help from the elders. This is wrong.

You might as well go to a mechanic to treat your asthma or see a janitor for dental issues.

Practicing psychotherapy without a license should be a crime, unfortunately it is not.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

[I'm posting while I'm listening to the recording ....]

From a practical standpoint, if anyone REALLY wants to get reinstated--for whatever reason, I'm not judging--please learn this lesson from this poor woman's experience and take my advice: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES YOU MUST NEVER TELL THE ELDERS HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.

SIMPLY TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oubliette, you said,

"This woman is clearly in need of serious psychological counseling and help. She is an emotional mess.

The problem is that both she and the elders think that she can get that help from the elders. This is wrong."

YES!! *THIS*!! You are so right -- "THE PROBLEM IS THAT BOTH SHE & THE ELDERS THINK THAT SHE CAN GET THAT HELP FROM THE ELDERS."

The arrogance, the hubris, the pompousness and sheer idiocy of the GB and WT policies & dogma create situations like this where people SUFFER and dangerous things can, and do, happen.

The WT policies and dogma allow men (at the top) to rule over others, and they then state that every weakness or infraction is a sin, personal failure, imperfection, or a "falling short of the mark." They do not address mental illness except as state of "spiritual weakness", or as a state where one is not being faithful or reliant enough on Jehovah. It is a constant refrain of different ways to "blame the victim" and not accept any responsibility or accountability for themselves.

You see see this more in part 2, where all the elder can fall back on are organization policies & directives and then, ultimately blaming her and her son for not being at meetings enough.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

But, but....but......he was chosen by Holy Spirit and Jesus himself!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit