The Big Gotcha!

by kairos 9 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

Remember getting the sense that when Armageddon final comes everyone will "have to know" that it was Jehovah?

The big "told you so". Probably on Christmas to boot...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

When my parent's try to scare me back to "the truth", they usually get frustrated, and give up with a smug, "just wait, you'll see, but then it will be too late!" I'm not sure why they sound smug, since they are talking about my impending destruction. You'd think they'd be sobbing hysterically. I've come to the conclusion, that being "right" is more important to them than me being alive if that means they were "wrong". Hmmm.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That was more than just "getting the sense" it was a quote from Ezekial.

Oh yeah, I remember, I'm shaking in my boots just thinking about it. NOT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am hoping to be alive whan I can say " I told you so", the day when The Nations Shall Know that JW org is a Scam.

• sir82
    sir82

I can recall occasions in field service when, after a particularly "nasty" (i.e., gave us objections we couldn't overcome) householder got through with us, we'd comment something along the lines of "when Armageddon comes, I'm bringing a lawn chair to sit on that guys front yard".

• phats
    phats

Amen, Phizzy!

Phats.

• kairos
    kairos

Desperately hoping something is true, does not true, make it.

--

Honestly, who would want to go through the WT's version of Armageddon or the Great Tribulation.

Why did we always secretly hope it would come during the prayer on Sunday afternoon's convention?

--

So sad.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Phizzy, so well said:

I am hoping to be alive whan I can say " I told you so", the day when The Nations Shall Know that JW org is a Scam.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Sometimes folks much rather be right than real.

Legacy

• kairos
    kairos

So, my wife and I are at relatives for Christmas for the first time in our 18 year marriage and 25 years for me.

No Armageddon.

Dodged that bullet.

Maybe next year...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit