help with

by Smoky 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smoky
    Smoky

Hi,
    I have been lurking on this site for many years. I rarely post anything, because my english isnt the best and not sure if anyone understands. I just recently had a run in with an Elder, have not seen him in a few years. (for the record Im not disfellowshipped or disassociated, just inactive for 10+yrs). So he started asking me when will I start going to meeting again. Im not afraid to talk to elders or hate them...most are sincere. But I thread litely because Im not ready to come out as an Atheist. my answer to his question is always vague..."you know one day". He began his preaching thing with me...and I had a hard time trying to make an arguement against the teaching according to their interpretation of the bible:

"only those who invoke the name of Jehova will be saved" ....go preaching.
    "even if you progess, keep doing this routine" ....go to meeting.
    "encourage each other, and keep hands, you will receive gift for your work" ....paradise for preaching work.
    "like the days of noah, people eating drinking, etc. people will not listen to god"....be in the arc of gods organization, or die.
    "keep doing work till the End"....cant stop going to meeting and preaching till the end.
    "look for god, and he will find you, leave god, and he will leave you forever"....

The point the Elder was trying to make, was for me to see that I need to be in gods favor. I need to be preaching and going to meeting learning "exact" knowledge of jehova TILL THE END. If not I will be in danger DYING.

Does anyone know how i can argue this teaching?

Thanks
    Smoky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit