WT Society correction regarding the 'Generation that will not die.'

by LogCon 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LogCon
    LogCon

Did we say this generation?

Sorry. We meant THIS generation.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

I checked the Magazine--but which article are you referring?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WT Society correction regarding the 'Generation that will not die.'

.............................Typical WBT$ Misrepresentation!..

........................................It was a Type-O!!..

................"1914 THE GENERATION THAT WILL NOT DIET"..

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I hope some JW lurkers look at that Watchtower cover and realize that all those elderly folks on the cover DID in fact pass away. Excuse me, but didn't The Watchtower Magazine say FOR DECADES that it was Jehovah's PROMISE that the 1914 generation wouldn't all die prior to Armageddon? It wasn't the Watchtower's promise...it was JEHOVAH'S PROMISE. And Jehovah cannot lie, remember? So what happened? Did the GB cook up some 'New Light' that somehow superseded Jehovah's solemn promise??? So who to believe.....Jehovah's ORIGINAL TRUE PROMISE or the new Watchtower Lite version?? I guess in JW-land even Jehovah's Word can be wrong sometime.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Come come. If we allow these apparant failures to bother us, it means we have the wrong heart condition, according to the way that they teach it these days. Any TRUE Witness remains loyal and rejoices at the greater understanding.............

Go figure.......

And as for the O / P , WTS would say:

"He should remember that the first and the second generation are all one generation, because "We say they are" . If their lives overlap then that makes them all the same generation , doesn't it??

"What do you mean , 'No'.. If we say so then it is, no matter what all the dictionaries and rules of English say!"

• kaik
    kaik

JWs do not care about old WT publication from 1984 promising them everlasting life in their generation. I remember this publication, and entire new generation of JWs grew up while other had passed away. Generation that will not pass away have certainly died.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As far as the R&F are concerned theirs is a 'progressive(tm)' organization(tm).

This means that all the failed predictions and false statements were just the mistakes of imperfect men and perfectly understandable.

Once they buy into that crap then they'll believe any bilge the holy,holy, holy Governing Body(R) puke over them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit