• Honesty
    Honesty

They have none.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Is it conspiracy theory week already?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I often question whether they are simply blinded captives (as I once was) that really believe it all, or whether they are manipulative, devious masters of deception who have too much to lose to ever admit they have discovered TTATT.

At some level of leadership, someone has to be the highest ranking person who knows TTATT. I just don't know how far to the top that is.

Doc

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

ooooh, I like it

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I really think there is a very powerful legal arm that really runs the corporation and I would guess these folks know TTATT

• prologos
    prologos

At some point any one of them must morph from an innocent dove to a controlling Hawk.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I haven't read crisis of conscience for many years but I think ray franz indicated at that time at least that the governing body believed in what they were doing. I don't know why they wouldn't believe in it now. Sure they know that unity at all costs is of utmost importance but how successful can you be if you don't believe in what you are doing? I think they do believe in what they do and any type of success is positive reinforcement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousofChange - "I often question whether they are simply blinded captives (as I once was) that really believe it all, or whether they are manipulative, devious masters of deception who have too much to lose to ever admit they have discovered TTATT. At some level of leadership, someone has to be the highest ranking person who knows TTATT. I just don't know how far to the top that is."

I've come to conclude that the GB...

A) know it's wrong (because no one would have a better grasp of the WTS's error-ridden track record than them)...

B) believe it's true (because it's a surprisingly easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself with people who are never allowed to disagree with you)...

and C) hold to both at the same time...

x

...because I suspect that authoritarian leaders don't experience cognitive dissonance like regular people.

• L3G
    L3G

sloppyjoe2: Right on.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

and C) hold to both at the same time...

A first I thought "that ain't possible".

But in reality I did it for a l--o--n--g time.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit