No longer angry or bitter.

by quellycatface 7 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I saw some JW'S in my neighbourhood today from my ex KH. They were on the ministry and happened to call at my door!!

I calmly explained I had DA'D and now went to a regular church. One of the old dears remembered me and my hubby's job. I said it was lucky the weather was better today. They said their goodbyes and left.

I am so proud of myself. I handled that situation in a calm and dignified manner, hopefully making them think I am a better person as a non jw.

Thanks for reading.

P.s Kefalonia was beautiful with great weather and swimming in the sea.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Well done. As was wisely said, harboring resentment is like taking poison and hoping it kills your enemy. I envy your freedom, go live life for all those who are still trapped!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Yes, you handled yourself with dignity, quellycat. Well done!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good for you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Good for you, Quelly!

I was angry. Very angry. For a long time. It has lessened considerably recently.

The fact that my wife has come to an understanding with TTATT is the #1 reason for the change that I'm not as angry. I think apathy has overtaken some of the anger.

I think it has also helped that close family members are no longer harrassing us as much. I think they've come to accept us as "stumbled" in the faith and are giving us time & space.

I had to get where I really don't give a sh%t what others are thinking now that I've come to discover that they don't really give a sh%t about us either. Originally that really, really hurt when people that we thought were close friends just dropped us and distanced themselves from us. We're not DFd or DAd. Just inactive. Where is the love and concern?

It has helped to pursue other fun things in life that we had given up for the sake of "pursuing first the Kingdom".

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good news, anger and bitterness poison the soul.....There is no better revenge than happiness

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

That's great to hear QCF.

I understand the anger, I've experienced it myself, as I've considered all those wasted years!

But, we are free! And, that is a reason to be joyful.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Well done, Quelly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit