Motel set to be Jehovah's base - Essex County Standard

by Da.Furious 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Did anyone hear about this? This will be Planning HQ for the new Bethel.

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk/news/localnews/11541253.Motel_set_to_be_Jehovah_s_base/

THE rundown Woodstock Motel has been bought by Jehovah’s Witnesses as plans for their printing centre gather momentum.

The motel, in Stock Road, West Hanningfield, closed in July and was purchased by the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) – the charity which manages Jehovah’s Witnesses’ printing and literature distribution – at auction.

The motel had been dubbed “embarrassing” and “the worst hotel ever” by guests on Trip Advisor in June.

Subject to planning permission, the building will act as the “design co-ordination centre” for the neighbouring Jehovah’s Witnesses publishing and printing base, which it is hoped will be built on Temple Farm, in Ship Road.

Plans for the 82-acre site include a plant producing Bible-based literature, admin and language translation offices, production studios, an auditorium, a training centre and workshops all on the site.

An IBSA spokesman said: “IBSA has acquired the former Woodstock Motel site and has already started a thorough clean-up of this rundown property.

“Subject to planning, it is hoped this will serve as a design co-ordination centre in support of the proposed Temple Farm development.”

Richard Poulter, Conservative councillor for Bicknacre and Hanningfields, said: “I don’t see this being a problem as long as it doesn’t create noise or traffic.”

• bigmac
    bigmac

yeah--i think we are way ahead of jehovahs chariot with this--wasnt it was featured on here months ago ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The article in the link above is hot off the press Bigmac, posted today, there is a comments section if anyone wishes to use it.

Maybe point out that their Temple Farm development will bring about huge traffic movements, plus ask why a Charity is developing the Site with a view to selling off residential properties,surely this is best left for a proper tax paying Development Company to do ?

Same with the Motel, it will generate traffic, and it will be sold off at a profit eventually, no tax going to the local Community or to the Treasury.

• bigmac
    bigmac

ah--i got it wrong--i do recall reading about the wts buying a pile of rubbish in essex----this must be another one.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They will remodel with free labor and sell later at a huge (tax free) profit.

WT may be in last place when it comes to being a PROPHET but they are #1 when it comes to PROFIT!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit