Witness Weddings "Introducing Brother and Sister...!"

by stuckinarut2 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I CAN NOT STAND it when the speaker at a Witness wedding introduces the new couple as "Brother and Sister_____"

How messed up does that sound especially to non-witnesses??

Just another stupid Witness tradition that makes the rest of the world see how crazy they are!

Thoughts??

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Interesting. I havent been to a JW wedding in about 15 years. Is this a relativly new thing or regional?

• undercover
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It has been done here in Australia for years!

Unless the couple, or speaker choose to change it to the normal "mr and mrs", then they use the term "brother and sister"

Maybe it is just a stupid custom in Australia?

how embarrassing!

• toweragent
    toweragent

Wow, how strange!

The elder who gave our wedding talk, in the Kingdom Hall, introduced us as Mr. and Mrs.

I wonder if it's just up to the individual speaker...

Of course, that was 3 years ago... So maybe things have changed!

• hoser
    hoser

I know some Jehovah's Witness sisters are not changing their maiden names so mr and mrs would not be appropriate.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In my native land women keep their maiden name and children born from the union can bare the father's or the mother's or both family names...of course JWs don't apply this in the congregation. My mom had a study who used both her maiden and husband's hyphenated names, but when she got baptized she dropped her maiden name like all other submissive JW wives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit