OMG! Just watched a pile of LDS TV - JW.tv is like it. and

by hamsterbait 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Mormons have the "Quorum of the Twelve Apostles" leading them. They sit at the front of the Temple and are looked up to. Is this where all the emphasis on the GB is going?

The tv has the same kind of music and photo techniques. Apart from a rubber faced clown, it is actually less embarrassing - but maybe because when I was draggged up in da troof, these sort of things were mocked and looked down on by the Borg, so the dubby stuff really gets to me...

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

hampster, you should find the Mormon vidoe of the Prodigal Son. It is very entertaining to compare to the JW one.

But yes, they are just copying them, LDS has been using videos for years, they even broadcast the general conference on the website.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You think they hired the same PR and production guys?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Being LDS, myself, I can't argue with you on how awful some of our "official" videos are. The prduction values are terrible because, like yours, they're written, cast and produced by committee. One of the most famous ones is "Johnny Lingo." For years, people would refer to an engaged woman or as a very attractive LDS woman as being a real potential "nine-cow wife." It's probably on YouTube if you're really desperate for entertainment. It still shows up on DVDs and CDs that mysteriously appear on the back of cars of couples that are just married. It's so bad it refuses to die. There are some good videos, though, but they're all produced outside the church. The JOURNEY OF FAITH videos are good examples (also on YouTube).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit