Jehovah's Witnesses Respond To Ebola - What do you think?

by toweragent 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toweragent
    toweragent

http://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-respond-2014-ebola-outbreak/

I usually find most of what they post on the news or updates section of the website repulsive or even nauseating. But I really thought this was nice of them to FINALLY be proactive in something like this.

The article even mentions helping non-witnesses as well. And assisting the government? If true, that’s a nice step forward for them.

I know this is done a 100 times better by other churches the world over, so I’m not trying to give them a medal or anything. But it does sound like a small shift in the direction of actually doing some REAL charitable work.

What do you think? Will the Watchtower progressively try to proactively help communities and do more charitable things for unbelievers?

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Its interesting that the article said the government requested the organizations help. It didnt say they gave it. Also did you note the title of the talk given around country...? "Obediance saves lives". How much of that talk was about ebola and how much was about obediance to the org IN ALL THINGS, ebola or not?

• BU2B
    BU2B

I guess the article was ok, but some sources show the virus can be transmitted through sneezing etc.. How irresponsible it is to continue having meetings, even if hand washing is done.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Toweragent,

The article reads: In Sierra Leone, an announcement aired on a local radio station outlining how Jehovah’s Witnesses helped their members and non-Witnesses in the community to avoid the Ebola virus. The authorities there also requested that the Witnesses’ relief committee assist the government’s agencies in the region.

Happy to hear that they're doing the right thing.

GC

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, we realize that our changes of catching Ebola is from a non-jw than a jw.

I heard on a radio show on NPR, that the victims are mostly women because women are expected to take care of the sick people.

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

It's a good thing they are helping Witnesses and 'Worldlings' alike. However, I'm not afraid to bet that no help would be extended to the community unless there was a talk telling them to:'Listen, obey and be blessed'

I'm curious how a JW would explain the reason Jehovah created such deadly viruses in the first place.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

God and his celestial Org are all merely standing by at this time, still contemplating how government by mankind is working out for us all; how we're all doing by opting to live outside of his rulership.

God continues to give us enough rope until we've about killed ourselves, along with his whole creation; and still we continue to blame him for our own doing.

In his designated time he'll interfere and set things exactly how he wants them. Hopefully, I'll get to live under his interpretation of what's good for mankind, if not, then I'm sure it'll be just fine in the end for many.

GC

• pixel
    pixel

Is messed up when we get "happy" when the Borg does "good acts" from time to time. It is because this is not the norm for them.

• Terry
    Terry

It is sort of like the TALKING DOG joke.

It isn't what the dog says which is fascinating, but that fact he's doing it at all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit