JW.ORG logo tattoos

by LogCon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LogCon
    LogCon

How long before some hip young witnesses start burning permanent JW.ORG tattoos on their body?

First it will be their upper arms, so they can reveal them discreetly to close friends. Eventually the tattoos come down the arm to the back of the hand, so all can see their tattoos and, therefore, devotion to the organization. The elders will not try disfellowshipping someone for tattooing the WT approved logo on their body. They may even get ones themselves, at a discreet location, for wifey to see.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Are you serious?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Mark on the forehead?

• blondie
    blondie

tattoos are still a strong no-no

*** g03 9/22 p. 27 Should I Get a Tattoo? ***

Consider also whether choosing to get a tattoo would enhance or undermine your claim of being a Christian. Could it be a “cause for stumbling” others? (2 Corinthians 6:3)

• Scully
    Scully

The artist who did my tattoo specializes in invisble tattoos that only show up under UV light. I can see JW kids doing *that*, because they're all about having the double life and flying under the radar.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

JW.ORGan could be placed in a nasty place

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Damn, that's almost like branding. I remember I legitmately talked to one of the brothers about getting a tattoo because there was no evidence I could find in the bible that says I couldn't. There's one scripture in the old testament but you know, according to the NT, the law was done away with. The brother tried to discourage me by saying it's "frowned upon", to which I replied, "So I can get one. Thanks!" I got the logo of favorite band on my back. I never showed anyone in the congregation though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And then having the washtowel change the rules on them. Then they have to get the tattoos removed, unless they are in inconspicuous areas. Not to mention the silver-buying money wasted on it. How many rolls of silver dimes could one get with the money wasted on even a small jw-dot-org tattoo logo? And how many more if they have to get it removed because of changes in doctrine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit