Spiritual Paradise?

by conflicted89 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

I have searched the j-worg website for this term but couldn't find anything about it. Am I wrong in thinking they used to say witnesses had spiritual paradise now? Can anyone point me to articles about it?

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

Found it on JWFacts

Watchtower 1986 March 15 pp.10-15 'Do Not Be Quickly Shaken From Your Reason'

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/apostates.php

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The term is used hundreds of times in WT literature and is a regular part of a JWs language. Here's one recent example from a GB member:

*** w12 8/15 p. 18 A Meeting Marked by Unity and Thrilling Plans ***

Brother Herd referred to Psalm 92:12-14 and asked, “How does Jehovah enable us to flourish?” He answered: “In the spiritual paradise, God keeps us warm, protects us, and gives us refreshing waters of truth. Let us thank him for that.”

This is one of the many subjects you won't see mentioned on JW Org. It is on WT Library cd rom

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

How can they say that though... If there are so many "spiritual" dangers that they warn about. Even inside their congregations they warn there are bad influences. And witnesses being locked up etc. How are they so blind? How was I so blind...

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I used the term in my last school ministry talk, last wednesday. Everyone congratulated me on my talk.. .True story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit