Be happy slaves May 26, 2002 Sunday KH

by Lady Lee 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

May 26, 2002 Sunday talk at Kingdom Hall

I went to the talk today. My first time in the last ten years. Very odd but very familiar feelings. I waited until most of the men had gone inside and then followed them in.

The talk had already started so I got to miss the terrible singing and the prayer.

I wasn’t too sure how long I would sit there until I began to hear what he was saying. Slaves? He was talking about how all the witnesses should be slaves like in the past.

<<Slavery was a terrible thing. Masters often abused their slaves and the only way out of this type of slavery was death. >>

You can bet my ears picked up. Just where was he going to go with this.

<<Well of course Jehovah was a kind master. Jehovah’s slaves were thrilled to belong to him. So much so that when their time was up they willingly stayed in their enslaved state to serve their master.>>

Are ya with me. He was really saying this stuff. Coulda knocked me off the chair.

<<He started to give warnings about materialism and that it was a trap. It was much better to stay a slave. >>

Ok I am giggling inside about now. Here he is saying that the slaves should not want to lead decent comfortable lives. Meanwhile the org. has somehow lost the humble beginnings and the KHs have turned into showplaces.

<<There are two kinds of slaves - the slaves of God and slaves who are not slaves of God. It was really important to know which kind of slave you were. Jesus sent out his slaves and gave them very specific instructions just like the GB gives out today. We have very specific instructions to follow. Don’t worry about taking care of your needs. God will provide for you. Also make sure that you view the people you meet at the doors as potential slaves for God>>

ah yes the beauty of mind control. Nope they don’t tell you what to do or say.

<<There is still a great need to do the harvesting work since the end is so near. Now we will look at Matt 13: and you probably won’t understand it so I will explain this for you>>

Yup he actually said that. I could not believe my ears. Talk about talking down to people. A baby could swallow the pablum they get fed there.

At this point he makes a redirect in the talk - sort of like he has 2 talks put into one and they are so loosely connected that there is no continuity.

<<Matt 13 talks about the parable of the wheat and the weeds. The disciples want to know what it means so Jesus takes them aside to explain it to them. The workers saw the weeds growing in the field and asked if they should take them out so the wheat could grow. They were told to leave them and in the harvest the weeds would be pulled out and bound up and then the wheat would be harvested.>>

Now it seems to me that if they could recognize the weeds from the wheat they must have looked different But no seems I am wrong.

<<In the book Natural History of the Bible the weeds mentioned was something called "bearded darnel" Seems this bearded darnel looks exactly like wheat before they mature. This makes it difficult for anyone to tell the difference between the two. [holds up picture of both to show they are so alike you can’t tell one from the other] It is no wonder then that the farmers would have to wait for the harvest to get the weeds out>>

hmmm something is wrong here. The Bible says they could tell they weeds were there. This guy says they couldn’t tell. His illustration is well way off the mark but I think I am the only one paying attention. The rest just sit there and soak it in mindlessly.

I was sure he was going to say the weeds were in the congregation - people to watch out for like Bill Bowen and other apostates. But he didn’t go there.

<<The weeds are Christendom and the wheat of course are all those anointed followers of Jehovah. The seed that is scattered is the truth and it is scattered to find more of the anointed.>>

Now does this make sense to you. If all the anointed have been gathered - cause after all it is the end - then why on earth would they be out looking for more of them.

<<How wonderful a blessing that we can share in this work of harvesting the anointed ones>>

Is this new light?

Then he went on to some statistics and how they are only 6.1 million people and there is still sp much work to do. And he pushed anyone who is not yet baptized to hurry up and take that step because

<<it is dangerous to refuse this responsibility>>

And I just about gagged when he closed.

<<You must rejoice. You have to be happy>>

Nothing like telling them be happy or else.

Phew I am so glad my daughters and I are out of there.

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks LL.

Where do you live? I'm in Kingston Ontario.

hawk

• myself
    myself

Thanks Lady Lee. Makes me glad that I slept in
    Just curious, what made you decide on the trip to the hall after ten years?

• outnfree
    outnfree

><<How wonderful a blessing that we can share in this work of >harvesting the anointed ones>>

>Is this new light?

Lady Lee,

Seems to me it could be new light. Is this now a way for the WT to justify using the "Nephilim" to fill positions of responsibility on the GB and in the new corporations? Could some of those "Nephilim" actually be "matured seedlings" who were misidentified and are really new "anointed" ones "harvested" during "these last days"? Were some of the previous members of the anointed class the "evil slave" who departed? Was the number of "evil slaves" even greater than once supposed?

Inquiring minds want to know! LOL

outnfree

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Lady Lee,

thanks for the ..information.

This part sounds ..new.

<<The weeds are Christendom and the wheat of course are all those anointed followers of Jehovah. The seed that is scattered is the truth and it is scattered to find more of the anointed.>>

Now does this make sense to you. If all the anointed have been gathered - cause after all it is the end - then why on earth would they be out looking for more of them.

<<How wonderful a blessing that we can share in this work of harvesting the anointed ones>>

Is this new light?"

Maybe you are right, after all they did mention

in "The Watchtower " January 15, 2000 page 13

and § 18 : " Sixth , the number of genuine anointed

disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will

evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation

begins."

Then, after your post I do wonder if they are

looking for..them!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Lady Lee...ty for this post. I bet JWs are confused, LOL.

nothing like telling them to be happy or else

Aint THAT the truth!!

I guess what he was REALLY saying was:

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!
    Boozy
  • blondie
    blondie

I think the word your want is "Nethinim."

Seems to me it could be new light. Is this now a way for the WT to justify using the "Nephilim" to fill positions of responsibility on the GB and in the new corporations?
    The Nephilim were supposedly the children of the angels who came to earth and put on human bodies and human women. These ones bullied the smaller non-hybrid humans.

The Nethinim were Nethinim [Given Ones]non-Israelite temple slaves or ministers. Likely many of the Nethinim were descendants of the Gibeonites whom Joshua had constituted “gatherers of wood and drawers of water for the assembly and for Jehovah’s altar.”

Well, may you were right after all.:)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

myself - I went to leave Dateline cards in the KH and in the parking lot and on the front lawn and in the street and at the neighbors doors

Won't be doing it again

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit