Prophecy

by Theredeemer 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Here it is folks, my prediction. I predict that, soon, JW will launch their own social media website like facebook, to link up all the witnesses around the world.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can't see this happening, they have a website, but no where to post a message on a public board, there are plenty of FB pages that are for JWs though, but an official one won't happen because too many will vioce opinions that the GB want kept quiet, look at Wikapedia under Jehovah's Witnesses, loads of contraversial comments and apologists contradicting one another.

Kate xx

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Why would they do that? Isn't it in their interests to keep members in tightly knit groups?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Makes sense. When Stephen Lett gave a talk at our DC a few years back completely demonizing facebook and social media sites, after he was done, he went back to his seat. He was sitting behind a brother I know, and at the song, the brother turned around to tell him he enjoyed the part, and Lett said, "Do you think they got the point?" If the go down this route, it would be one more about face for the org. I can see it happening, though.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You have been beaten to that one, a day or so ago, but if proved right, both you and the other Poster will join the hallowed group of True JWN Prophets.

This select group have got a good number of predictions right, in contrast to the WT/JW religion, which despite over 130 years of predictions, still has to get one right.

The JW "facebook" will be a joke, like the rest of the JW Internet stuff, nobody on there will reveal their real selves and their real thoughts.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I can see this happening because its the happening thing to do. It wouldnt be exactly like face book but maybe more like a place to post experiences from field service, family studies, videos of children giving talks ect. The posts would have to be approved and you would have to provide email, name, location and congregation. You can keep this confedential or request it from a poster. Its really not that far fetched.

I MEAN THEY HAVE FREAKIN TV SHOW FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Its really not that far fetched.- Theredeemer

LOL hahaha it's about as far fetched as a panda petting paradise, there are just too many ways for ones who know TTATT to infultrate something like this. The GB will not be able to make it apostate proof.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit