Angry! Witnesses and North Korea any point you make is spam and trashed!

by Witness 007 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I just had dinner with our old Witness friend and am amazed how EVERY point we discussed about blood or false armagedon dates...her eyes would gloss over. You can see that what I'm saying is literally not sinking in and she's thinking about her next defence move like a game of chess. We have had the SAME discussion a month ago and she still asked me WHY I dont go to meetings. They LIERALLY DONT REMEMBER any points we spoke of. It reminds me of North Koreans who starving and with no shoes on their feet will praise the fearless leader and way of life. Any comments by me are treated like "spam" and and put straight into the "trash" basket.

• freddo
    freddo

It's called too heavily emotionally invested.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Had the same response with my wife tell her something and prove it, in one ear and bounce out never to be even acknowledged. They only listen to their leaders and no matter what is said they believe!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

JWs in general are poor listeners. At the doors they "listen" to the householder only to detect verbal cues to respond with their "truth". They just don't give a s**t about anyone's opinions.

• Raton
    Raton

I think I am in a similar situation as you Crazyguy. She ignores and doens't remember anything I say. She won't even answer any questions I ask. Very frustrating.....

• Island Man
    Island Man

As far as JWs are concerned, any information that is critical of JWs or the Watchtower, is just a load of apostate lies. They prejudicially dismiss all critical information as false without even investigating it. They even consider it a sin to independently investigate any claims by apostates.

• zeb
    zeb

Now think of the time you guys could have used building a model ship instead of attempting to build model reason.

It interesting you mention NthKorea. Two days ago the second in command of Nth Korea turned up at a big conference in South Korea. It looks like they want to start talking . This is a great move on both parties.

My sympathies W007.

mr monroe: this is true of jw generally in whatever conversation and in some superficial people i worked with. These mostly women had a series of conversational 'key-words' ready to latch onto in any conversation with a prepared response frequently wrong based on assumption or that ultimate defining of truth "Do you know what I heard"..

Once in a kh while my wife was not with me and in the pre meeting chatter I deiberately used the term 'separated' in my conversation. I will never forget that two sisters with one engaged in l intense conversations looked across the hall to make eye contact. I can safely say they never knew they did it. One was on the far side of the hall.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why try and force them to listen and reason?

They obviously are not capable of it. The only one getting frustrated is you sadly.

They are not REAL friends...just conditional ones. Watch out, they will throw you under a bus and rat you out in half a breath!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All of the above!!!

I've discussed virtually everything I've learned about TTATT with my close friend in my last cong, (ex-Elder) but to no avail! In one ear and out the other. (apparently)

"Where else can we go" is the pre-recorded reply!

However, the one thing which has affected him and his wife (and others he's mentioned) is the huge money-grab from both Witnesses and their cong bank accounts. He smells a seriously large rodent!

• cha ching
    cha ching

It seems that is the pattern.. unless someone has been effected personally, then there is a chance of the beginning of a "hearing ear."

"Why don't you go to the meetings" sums it all up....

If you go to the meetings you can lie, cheat, steal, get drunk, party on, be a pedophile, and all is well...

Stop going to the meetings, and you are "mentally diseased."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit