YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS...Gr-r-r

by Trotafox 5 Replies latest social current

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

As I said in an earlier post, I am posting about DATELINE on another Christian board which is quite obscure. I am battling with a dude (more than likely) named "French Knight". Sounds like a "hiding out" JW elder. If you're lurking on this board French Knight, I'll let these guys have a go at you. My answer is ready. I just want to see what ya'll think. (I can't wait to here this) The issue is, of course, DATELINE and JW's pedophile policies. Here's his comments:

FROM TROTAFOX TO French Knight:

Just exactly what has been posted that is not true?
    Your (TROTAFOX'S) post:
    WT policy is that an abused victim cannot go to authorities but rather they must report the incident to an elder.
    It is very difficult (impossible in most cases) for someone who has never been a witness to understand how it really is. The whole process is very complicated and most witnesses themselves (elders included) are not completely aware of everything that goes on. There are rules and then there are perceptions of rules based on the conditioning that is continually occurring. No one INSIDE the congregation really understands this either. It takes someone that was once inside and is not standing on the outside to fathom what is really happening.

I think your heart is in the right place. (smile) But the fact of the matter is that an abuse victim most certainly can go to the police according to the rules. However, so strong is the indoctrination that this is God’s organization and that the elders are appointed by holy spirit and are qualified to handle all matters, coupled with the instinctive reaction of virtually all witnesses to avoid bringing reproach on the congregation, in most cases where there is an alleged case of abuse, the victim or parents of the victim go straight to the elders with the matter. It’s important to note that no congregational action would be taken against them for going to the police.

When an allegation of child abuse occurs in a congregation the elders are instructed via letters from the Society which are kept on file to call the Society’s legal department. If they live in a state where it is required by law for them to report the allegation then they will be instructed to do so. If their particular state does not require it, they will be told, in essence, to keep their mouths shut and handle it like any other judicial matter in which cases two witnesses or a confession are required to take action.

Now let’s say that word gets around that this ‘brother’ is being accused of child molestation. Perhaps another this has happened to another child in the congregation and then that child steps forward and tells mom and dad. The rules state that if a second party comes up with the same type of offense to another incident then this is acceptable as being the second witness to the matter. Then there is a judicial meeting and the accused is given a chance to defend himself although there is a poor chance of his establishing his innocence with two people accusing him. BUT…if he has credible alibi’s he may beat the wrap here as he would in a regular court. He could be disfellowshipped right then and there and there would be no objection to the parents going to the authorities then. (He would no longer be a member of the congregation) Even if he is not df’d the parents could still go to the authorities with it but this would be frowned on by the congregation.

The foregoing is a very abbreviated version of what happens and it can and usually does get far more complicated than that before it’s over. The point is that there are a lot of factors involved here and a lot of things going on. I would not like for people here to get the impression that this is widespread (it’s not) and what you have is an organization full of pedophiles doing their dirty deeds and everyone just looking the other way while their children are being victimized.

If someone has a specific question as to the procedures and such I would be happy to provide any answer that I can.

To defend them is heinous!
    I sincerely hope that you understand the difference between defending ‘them’ and explaining what actually happens. I am not defending the policy, to the contrary, I disagree heartily with that policy. They are masters at bending the truth and misrepresenting facts. I just want to make sure that I do not become (again) what it is that I have grown to detest so much.

FRENCH KNIGHT.

Opinion's anyone...Trotafox

• larc
    larc

There is a poster here named Frenchy, who writes poetry and signs it, The French Knight. It could be the same person. Frenchy used to be an elder and knows the ins and outs of how things work. He is no longer a Witness, and is not a JW apologist. If it is the same person, he is attempting to remain objective, and is no way supporting bad policy.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That sounds like Frenchy allright. His words sound accurate to me. The only thing I'm unclear about is:

The rules state that if a second party comes up with the same type of offense to another incident then this is acceptable as being the second witness to the matter.

Not sure when or where this became part of JW policy? Anyone know exactly?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

SixOfNine said:
    That sounds like Frenchy allright. His words sound accurate to me. The only thing I'm unclear about is:
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The rules state that if a second party comes up with the same type of offense to another incident then this is acceptable as being the second witness to the matter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure when or where this became part of JW policy? Anyone know exactly?
    This has been part of the police for some years. If there are two or more accussations, that counts as two or more witnesses. This has been practized in my country for some years.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

old hippie....would you like to explain how it is that written policy is actually not practiced in your country?

There are three rules the Watchtower practices:

1) two witness two act rule. In the elders book, it states that two different witnesses to two different acts are acceptable for judicial action. The example given is smoking.

2) two witness one act rule. SPECIFICALLY for CHILD ABUSE. there must be two witnesses to THE SAME ACT.

3) one witness rule. Usual case is rape, when the survivor admits to not screaming. Can be disfellowshiped based on sole testimony.

Unless the elders book and the relevant Watchtowers say something different in your country, and that is possible.

Care to enlighten us?

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

If Frenchy is lurking, please answer. My problem is that Frenchy is listing WT rules (which I mentioned to you above) on the other site and saying he doesn't want anyone (me) to give the impression the WT is full of pedophiles and to ask him if anyone has any questions.

http://www.leftbehind.com/community/talk/messageboards/default.asp?dact=read&post_id=161421&explist=,&room_id=97

Simon: I apologize for posting material from another site. I was not aware that it was not permitted. Is it okay to post this thread address? Pls let me know.

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit