bad news.... :*(

by XLovesMeNotX 5 Replies latest jw friends

• XLovesMeNotX
    XLovesMeNotX

After two years out, and that after 25 years IN...my mother in law announced out of the blue that she is making an effort to rejoin the JWs. Im sure the only reason she is joining them is to get her estranged JW elder husband back, and her two JW kids and grandkids. I cant believe that a "christian" religion would force its members to prostitute themselves this way just to have their family.

They SUCK!! Even more division of this family will now ensue as the JW members all try to decide if she is for REAL or just faking it...whether to accept her back or not accept her back.

When a JW asks me if I have nothing better to do than spend my days bashing religion, I reply "Actually, no, I don't. I'm a PIONEER, just like you." :)

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

So now you're out and they're in? Talk about having to be the sacrifical lamb!

Sorry to hear this Loves Me. Let's hope she'll keep the lines of communication open with you. Just be there for her.

Trot

• Farkel
    Farkel

TrotAFox,

Do I know you? You somehow look strangely familiar.

Farkel

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

XLoves,

I am sorry to hear about this.
    I remember feeling like you when my father went back to Jw's after being out for at least a year.
    I was sick about it and felt so helpless and out of control.He was not honest with me about his feelings and intentions.He told me what I wanted to hear untill right before he went back.

One consolation, at least from what many have told me is that they usually feel let down the second time around because things just aren't the same or like they think they will be.

ChiChi

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's called hostage taking. The wt basically keeps its members hostage from those that love them. The price they demand is the souls of the others, to have access to the ones they love.

SS

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Lovesmenot:

"I cant believe that a "christian" religion would force its members to prostitute themselves this way just to have their family."

Excellent way to put it. That is really what the JW religion is about - not keeping families together who might otherwise stay together - but about spiritual prostitution. Isn't that what the Society labels Babylon the Great, the mother of all Harlots ... ? Interesting, for is that is what it is, then the Watchtower is every bit as much a part of Babylon the Great as any religion.

"When a JW asks me if I have nothing better to do than spend my days bashing religion, I reply "Actually, no, I don't. I'm a PIONEER, just like you." :)
    Great come-back ... Isn't it funny how as ex-JWs, if we do not go about talking about our changed views, the JWs accuse us of being lazy and not having anything better to offer, unwilling to preach our cause ... yet, if we do go about and talk about what we now feel and believe, they accuse us of 'drawing away followers after ourselves' and being opposers. We just can't win for losing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit