DATELINE - WHY THE CONFUSION ?

by Siddhashunyata 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

People are posting Tuesday May 28 / 7PM, 8PM, 9PM and 10PM as start times on the East Coast. Why is this being done when the Dateline website shows 10 PM.

• Flip
    Flip

Actually, if you live in Newfoundland it's 10:30PM.

Flip

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

HO-Kay. I've had it with the "what time is it really airing?" confusion, since it does not have to be so confusing.

Before the Internet, and even after it, there was and is a thing called Your Local Newspaper. The Sunday edition (today's) usually has a section called (drumroll) This Week's Television Listings, or the TV Guide. Shoot, there is even a magazine called TV Guide that gives you regional information, complete with times and channels.

If you want to figure out what time Dateline is airing on that Tuesday, just look it up in your local paper. Even the Tuesday paper should have the listing for that evening.

This way, we don't have to get somebody from the East Coast telling somebody on the West Coast what time it's airing, and get it wrong in the process.

Get it? Got it? Good!

Here endeth the lesson for today...

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Universe."- Jango Fett

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Even Better, and it's Online!

www.tvguide.com

I looked up this Tuesday, Chose news programs, annnnnndddd......

Showed that dateline will be showing a 7 PM on my NBC Affiliate.

See! Easy!

Let's get that time right for our zone. Do NOT want to miss, no way!

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Universe."- Jango Fett

• Matty
    Matty

(Change the record Matt!) Same with the UK. Some TV guides (my online cable guide included) are 1 hour out with CNBC Europe. They don't mention that times are in CET. So tune in on Saturday night at Midnight, not 1:00.

BTW a good online tv guide in the UK is http://www.ananova.com/tv

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Respectfully it is not confusing.

There is a baskeball game on Tuesday if any of you really want to figure it out. It WILL interupt the normal time (10:00 pm) for Dateline.

People like Mister Biggs were good enough to alert you to when the time for Dateline will air in your area. The times shown by Simon are correct.

And actually if you live in Newfoundland, I think its start time is 9:30 pm and 9:00 pm (ADST) in Halifax.

Hawk

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

The NBA Division Championships are on NBC.

On May 28, ON THE EAST COAST, Dateline WILL air from 8:00pm to 9:00pm (eastern standard time). At 9:00, it's the Los Angeles Lakers vs. the Sacramento Kings.

Dateline Tuesday USUALLY comes on at 10:00 pm (EST), but got switched due to the basketball game.

That is all.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh for the love of god.

I'm taping NBC RIGHT NOW! Just so I don't miss it!

Slipnslidemaster:"There are no facts, only interpretations."
    - Nietzsche

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

It's all the fault of that damned Ben Franklin. Him and his ideas of daylight savings have thrown us off for centuries.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit