Why so selective?

by Bang 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

I just read before that Jws can't in good conscience by someone else a ciggarette. Is that because the 'world' doesn't approve of cigarettes now: too much shame exposure?

How can they in good conscience -

Buy stolen land from the wicked system (who murdered natives)?

Keep their goods to themselves and deny the poor?

Have Christmas and boxing day off? And the rest of the 'worldly' holidays? Easter etc.

Is there any honour in that place?

Bang

• Bang
    Bang

Any place ?

• D8TA
    D8TA

Why are they so selective? Why are they so selective as to what the First Amendment states? Why do they cry bloody murder when they feel their “free speech” right is violated, yet the WT themselves impede on what others have to say and think?

Simple.

They do what they feel suits them; yet criticize the entire world for what suits the world. They got the “God is ONLY on OUR side, and everyone else is Shit outta luck” mentality. With that mentality, they can invent and/or disregard any “rule” set for them. They call it “new light”. But for the rest of the 6 billion people on the earth, see it for what it is…it’s called HYPOCRISY.

D8TA

• Bang
    Bang

It's so testing.
    I wonder, does it let us in on how Jesus felt. People talk about His physical suffering, but surely that's only the part of it.
    It's grievous.

There are some I know and now it's really upsetting that I ever met them. I'm unable to trust people in the way we did. If I ever moved I think I'd by a big farm, or somehow make sure there were no jws in the area.

God you people born into it must really be upset by it now and then.

Bang

• Perry
    Perry
    God you people born into it must really be upset by it now and then.

More than most could ever know.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

More than most could ever know.

I was born into the cult, and I cant agree with a statement any more than that.

Amen brother.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well according to Hilda (JW poster) some carry guns and are prepared to use them!!! Beat that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit