QUESTION? : Have you joined, thought of joining, or investigated any clubs, Service organisations, or Fraternal Organizations?

by Balaamsass2 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The Mrs and I have been invited to join a few "clubs" since leaving WTBTS. We have looked into a local"Moose Lodge", but after one visit that particular one got checked off the list (a sloppy drunk fell in love with the Mrs. lol !) . I got invited to join the Freemasons a couple of times, but it just gave me "hebe-jeebees" and bad memories of all those JW conventions at Scotish Rite Temples as a kid- I must admit the Shriners do seem like a happy crowd. The local "Moose" have a nice facility, but all the rules etc. remind of the old "I love Lucy" episode when Lucy and Ethel join the Garden Club. I find the local Chamber of Commerce too Republican for my taste.

Have you joined anything ? If not, why? If so, what? The Mrs likes to be Social a bit more than I, but networking is never a bad thing I guess.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I once joined a new mothers club when I had my son. They were more like Corporate Moms when I needed a support group. LOL.

I just don't think I'm a "joiner." I tend to be more of an introvert. Have you tried an interest based group? For instance, cycling or sailing or gardening?

• stillin
    stillin

Freemasons might be a worthy network. Yes, they do have rites and so on, but really it's just normal people. They take care of each other more than what I've seen in the Witness world.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Thx GT, The Mrs and I have different hobbies. If AA is a club... I guess JWN is the closest thing.

We loved the Tahoe Appostafest- but that is only 1xs a year.

• prologos
    prologos

I am member of a quasi scientific/hobby ascociation, Some locals JWs jokals asked whether that was allowed out loud, LOL.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My wife is in Rotary.

Every few months we feed the needy and homeless in our community. Obviously it doesn't solve the problem.

Still, it's nice to actually help people in a tangible way for a change.

• jam
    jam

3rd degree Freemason...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit