Anybody remember Noble Bowers or Bull the COs? Ahhh memories...

by hamsterbait 5 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Noble Bowers - noted for announcing from an a$$embly platform: "Armageddon will be over and done with by 1975"

Bull gave similar talks in the early 70s.

What became of them?

Also Ernie Elliot.

• cofty
    cofty

I remember that legendary name from my childhood.

• hoser
    hoser

They grew old and perhaps have passed on like all humans have been doing for tens of thousands of years.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Were they in the UK? I'm in the US, and I've never heard of them. Did Bowers really say ""Armageddon will be over and done with by 1975" or something to that effect?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A friend of mine when I was in my 20's had come across N.Bowers, he said the man was "a right bastard". Bill Bull interfered in my love life, I took no notice, none of his business, fool.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Noble Bowers passed away several years ago. His first wife died after being taken ill during a talk he was given. He finished his talk before taking her to the hospital. He then remarried, a much younger woman and became the care taker of an assembly hall. I forget the details and hope I am not misrepresenting the facts about his first wifes death.

I saw Bill Bull a few months ago, he is still a dapper man but now quite frail. He spent a number of years in the Czech Republic before returning to the UK. He is a trustee at Jah Jireh. Bill was always a bit of a maverick well diguised by a suave exteria and a top drawer voice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit