Wow! Take the grandkids to a professional sport event...$!

by Gregor 7 Replies latest social physical

• Gregor
    Gregor

Last week we attended a Major League Baseball game. Could not believe the costs beyond the ticket price. Hot dogs, a slice of pizza, etc are $8. Soft drinks are $5.00 A medium size beer is $9. + parking or train fare. The kids want a souvineir? How about a foam rubber finger for $8? A hat? fugeddaboutit.

Had fun anyway.

PS Mariners lost to the Oakland A's 4-zip.

• out4good3
    out4good3

...and to top it off.....

you're, in all likelihood, going to a stadium that was being subsidized by your tax dollars to build for an already billionaire with plenty of his own dough....

....can you say corporate welfare?

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, it's sick how these billion dollar businesses demand that cities build arenas for them.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

We always stop by McDonald's and buy a sack full of hamburgers to take. If they don't allow food, cargo pants are good for sneaking stuff in. Do I feel bad about this? No, not after ticket prices and parking fees.

Also, recycle that foam finger...take it back with you every time you go. Great for annoying people on the train or siblings in the back of the car, too!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That's why I prefer minor league sports: reasonable prices, and athletes who aren't overpaid, self-indulgent prima donnas.

• Gregor
    Gregor

We have a huge High Def flat screen that I can watch from the comfort of my big recliner. Refrigerator and pantry are well stocked...no wonder I do not go to games often.

• jam
    jam

One good thing about baseball, basketball they pay their share of taxes,

NFL is tax exempt, I found that out today. Why are they tax exempt, you

tell me.lol

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Ive always accepted supporting my team when its good times and a full stadium could be exspensive, but at bad times and a half full stadim i do feel i am being ripped off...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit