Soooo, PRINCE is still a JW I guess? (he's using the tactics)

by RagingBull 7 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
  • LP97
    LP97

But he rarely gets invited to parties and gigs by Prince himself, adding, "He has his people call me... and they're like, 'Prince would like you to come to the party... Prince would like you to come up to the suite for pizza and pasta!' I'm like, 'Alright, it's like 3am...' When Prince summons you to the suite or to the house, you show up.

I'm shocked. Late night parties with worldly people? Someone should link the elders this!

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I know! LOL 3AM???!!!! How does he get up for Field Service, or the Meetings?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Prince is the Tom Cruise of JWs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"He has his people call me... and they're like, 'Prince would like you to come to the party... Prince would like you to come up to the suite for pizza and pasta!'

I'm like, 'Alright, it's like 3am...' When Prince summons you to the suite or to the house, you show up.

.............I Can Tour With Prince If I Get baptized??!!......................................DAMN!!..

...........................OK!! .....What Religion?!.......................... I Hope I Don`t Have To Knock On Doors..

........................................................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Who knew that Prince was so keen to spread his faith? The man's a genius when it comes to music - but he's (how shall I put this in a kind way?) not exactly a deep philosophical and religious thinker. I've seen him interviewed on TV about his faith, with the interviewer discreetly dancing ever so lightly over flattering aspects of Prince's faith and he always has a minder present who often takes over answering these PR questions.

Prince is as protected from "real' questions as royalty is from being exposed to life in the "real world". The world Prince inhabits is cacooned from the daily grind experienced by his brothers and sisters - and in his self-important, dreamy-eyed, lost-in-his-thoughts kind of way, his ability to think in a clear-minded, rational way about his beliefs is permanently reduced. BTW, Prince sometimes naively utters un-JW-like comments about mystical powers and the spiritual realm that even has his minders holding their breath. I guess time will tell - after all Prince will be growing old in this system of things - so he'll have lots of opportunities to wait for the end that never arrives.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Lost any illusion about Prince's intellect when I heard him reference chemtrails on Tavis Smiley's show, sheesh.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Anthony Anderson told this story on Jimmy Kimmel a few nights ago.

Pretty weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit