WTS discontinues subscription service

by DINKY 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DINKY
    DINKY

Hi People!
    I received my latest WT mag yesterday and on the white wrapper was printed in red letters:

Only 5 issues remaining. Subscription service will be discontinued. Obtain your personal copy through a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I wonder if this means I can still get a sub. as long as I go through the cong. or if I have to pick up each and every mag at the KH.

I've been DF'd 2 years but like getting the mags so I can keep up with their current brain-washing propaganda. Besides, I never pay for them so it affects their pocketbook.

Any thoughts on what this newest tactic is about?

Dinky
    "Religion is for people afraid of hell. Spirituality is for people who have been to hell." - heard at a 12-step meeting

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes,

You'll have to visit your local congregation to get your personal copies of the magazines starting this summer! Isn't it wonderful?

Could it be:

(a) This is a cost-saving move?
    (b) They don't want the magazines "falling into the wrong hands" for regular scrutiny on boards like this one?

I too have been DF'd 2 years, and have managed to get by without a subscription for the last year and a half. It's usually the same old stuff over and over again, anyhow.

If there are interesting things or outstanding changes, our insiders here usually post it right away (with appropriate commentary).

So -- when all is said and done, (at least for me) it's no big loss!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Any thoughts on what this newest tactic is about?

1) Money

2) Keeping those magazines out of the hands of those pesky apostates

Farkel

• sf
    sf

Careful! It's a trick!

Once inside there is a trapped door that drops you down a long chute into a chair that will program you accordingly.

Stay Away! from the inside of any kingdumb hell hole in your neighborhood.

Oh wait, there's a hell hole now across the street.

sKally, ARMED and READY KLASS

Too many 'lambs'!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Any thoughts on what this newest tactic is about?

Yes. Prophecy fulfilled. Like:

1. The Jewish Pharisees during the 1st century C.E.;

2. The Catholic clergy of 'olde', who wouldn't let others possess a Bible, learn to read one, or decipher without their input/approval what it contained or its contents meant;

3. The WTBTS, and THIS 'generation'.

Revelation 13:11-18, with emphasis on verse 17

"Nothing new... under the sun."

I bid you peace... all of you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit