What has happened to the District Overseers in the UK

by usualusername 8 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Is Dave Algar in Bethel?

Has Michael Purbrick become a pioneer again?

Just what are these guys doing now?

• 88JM
    88JM

Good question.

The assumption was that D.O.'s would probably be re-assigned as circuit overseers, or at the very least special pioneers. My guess would be that they are also running schools for new circuit overseers and the couples/singles schools as well.

I haven't actually heard anything about them though, come to think of it. It's only 3 weeks ago the change impacted though.

• apostate tizzy
    apostate tizzy

David algar wow that's a name from the past, I remember him being brought round to see " our family" as we were all studying in the early 80's when he was just a CO.

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

I don't know if I ever met Dave Algar but I remember parents/grandparents revered him and spoke about him like he was a superstar.

But, by asking what has happened to them, do you mean there are no more DO visits? I feel a bit behind and I've only been out for about 3 or 4 years

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

no doubt M Purbrick will be groomed for a Branch Oversear role or some other high ranking position, he's brown nosed his way to the top over the years and is highly regarded amoungst their coperate chain, he wont be put out to pasture just yet, if ever there was a more jumped up ass I've not met anyone as close.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It will be very interesting to hear the fate of these guys and their wives, they really have been demoted and chucked on the scrap heap, I wonder how many of them will still be super active in say, 5 years time ?

They have led a cossetted life-style, with no worries and everything provided, plus the Status given to a high Prelate. All that is gone. The wives will have to learn to do Housework , maybe even go out to work, as well as the husband.

Those who are of retirement age will probably only have a reduced State Pension to live on. A Bitter Pill surely.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

In Canada, DO's have been reassigned as COs if they are under 70. If they are over 70, they are sent to a congregation (I think around Toronto) as special pioneers (on the infirm list so hours don't matter but they keep the fancy title), so they are still supported by bethel. I don't know if some were assigned to Bethel though. It's one or the other.

• St George of England
    St George of England

David Algar is in Bethel.

A few months ago all the congregations showed a short video regarding the new Bethel in Chelmsford and David Algar was the 'star' performer.

The last time I met him was about 5 years ago when he did a Kingdom Hall dedication.

Actually, I always found him an OK guy and a decent speaker. He was the CO visiting my congregation when I got married and came to the wedding; but that's just after the last ice age....

George

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "I wonder how many of them will still be super active in say, 5 years time?"

Even money says not many.

And the WTS probably likes it that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit