Role Play of Matthew 24:14

by God_Delusion 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hello my lovelies x,

I've just written an article which portrays parts of Matthew 24, and especially verse14, which I've always found extremely implausible to comprehend. I've written it in role play fashion, and I hope you find it interesting.

Here's the link to my article - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jehovahs-witness-prophecies/are-jehovahs-witnesses-false-prophets/

Please let me know if you understand what 'Good News' Jesus was referring to, because I certainly can't find any good in the news he's giving his followers.

Love,
    Jaymes

Follow me on Twitter @JehovahsBlog and @JaymesPayten

• Perry
    Perry

Please let me know if you understand what 'Good News' Jesus was referring to, because I certainly can't find any good in the news he's giving his followers.

But you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation. After you believed, you were sealed - Eph 1: 13 NWT

I never heard this scipture quoted once as a JW either at home or the KH. However growing up, I did hear about "good news of the kingdom" seemingly about every 3rd sentence someone would utter. The salvation that Jesus offered was from judgment after death..... not the battle of armageddon; which btw is about the wrath of Satan as he attacks Israel, not God wiping out people for not accepting magazines at their doors.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Yes, Perry...

ephesians 2:1...the law of moses teaches that (israel, as the pattern for fallen mankind[chosen by God to receive the oracles of God] being shown "the way"/torah; a tutor leading to the way of salvation) man is under the law of death. None of us are able to keep the law perfectly and are said to be under the curse of the law.(romans 3:9-18) The church is under the law of Christ; passed from death to life. That is the good news...Jesus came to FULFILL the law for us. His righteousness is imputed to those who believe in Him. Jesus fulfilled the letter of the law and magnified the Spirit of the law.

matthew 5:17-19. With the destruction of the jerusalem temple in 70 AD the jewish priesthood were completely unable to fulfill the letter of the law. The sacrificial system was defunct and, for lack of intents and purposes, judaism became a tradition of men, So to speak...ie: the various schools of rabbinical THOUGHT. The bible says "they" were cut down at the root of the tree but the BRANCH came up from the root and in the latter days the natural branches will be grafted into that BRANCH...also because of the good news of Jesus Christ.

love michelle

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

The gospel was preached to all in the 1st century Paul Testifies that in

COlossians 1: 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that HAS ( present tense) been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

All prophecy was about the destruction of Jerusalem and the tmeple in the 1st century and Messiah promised he would return for those 1st centruy elect and he did

• myelaine
    myelaine

OR...

you're not actually aware of a ministry to the jewish remnant.

Numbers 10:1-2, 4-5, 8 John 5:25-29 (Zechariah 3) Revelation 12:7-8, 10-11

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit