Spritual Healers.

by quellycatface 4 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My friend is thinking of seeing a spiritual healer to cure her food allergies. She was talking to him in my local supermarket last week and I was with her. He said he cured a young woman of polyps (in her uterus). O k a y?????

I don't believe in all this stuff and found it a bit creepy when he laid his hand on my arm, I suffer from "ladies problems" myself.

What's your opinion on this kind of thing??

Should be an interesting discussion.

• cofty
    cofty

They are all dangerous charlatans who get a thrill &/or money &/or access to grateful women by pretending to have powers.

Tell him to heal an amputee and then we can talk.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yes, I agree. I prefer traditional medicine myself or something from Holland & Barrett - a health store chain to our non-UK friends.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

Every charismatic community should send one gifted person to Africa to provide for cure for Ebola. How many have already gone?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am not against alternative healing methods per se, but faith healing is more of a scam than an alternative therapy. From what I have seen any times the faith healer both diagnoses the problem then conveniently provides the cure. For example, they tell you that you have a tumor, then claim they cured it. Since you never had a tumor in the first place it's impossible to prove they didn't fix it. Many illness are caused and/or affected by your emotions, so the belief that the healer will cure your problem can cause some actual improvement in your symptoms. Many people think they have for allergies, when actually true food allergies are rare. Your friend's belief that she will be helped by the faith healer might actually cause her to have an improvement in her symptoms, the mind is a powerful thing.

Don't waste your money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit