Has anyone else seen this?

by Pete Zahut 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

This video was posted on a coworkers facebook page (non -JW)

A former JW has started a cult in Austrailia. This may have already been posted here but worth watching if you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVw0eFmnQtM

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It's scary how easily people can be programed. I find it extremely uncomfortable to watch.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I saw it some time in the past few years (was not directed there from this site). If I remember correctly, I was thinking that I couldn't understand how he could get so many seemingly educated people to follow him. Doesn't his wife or girlfriend claim to Mary Magdalene resurrected (or reincarnated)?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Cults....Religions.....if you build one, the people will come.

It seems to me that depressed desperate people ( possibly our parents or grandparents?) were the first ones to get involved in these religion(s) and cults. They spent hours and hours steeping themselves in it until everything sounds beleivable. They get totally caught up in it and they got their children caught up in it. Pretty soon those kids grew up and after all that time, it seemd normal to them and they continued on with it. For others, it meant they had to leave and suffer the consequence of having to start over with no support system and few social skills. The religions that make it, grow and get populated by the children of the original depressed recruits and sometimes the occasional depressed new recruit. Those whose life is going well don't tend to join cults.

I think that's how most religions got started in the first place because let's face it, they're all pretty wierd. JW's are a relatively new religion and some really old ones can claim to know or have relatives who knew the original founders of it. Who knows what Charles Taze Russel and those ones from the early days, were like in real life. If the internet had existed back then, they might have been exposed as the charlatans they really were, before they could have gained enough ground to become stable and take on a life of its own.

Hopefully this guy will have some sort of crack up in a few years or be exposed as a lunatic before too many of those children grow up in that environment.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

He seems to have a sort of hypnotic ability to evoke powerful emotions from his followers. Look at that guy shaking in the chair.

You'll often see similar crying and blubbering going on at your local modern, evangelistic style church, with people tearfully calling out Jesus' name with arms raised, heads-bowed sobbing on bended knees, and other general maudlin behaviour. Like a sort of wailing funeral service. The difference here is he's got these gullible fools thinking he's really Jesus. It's just very sad to see children caught up in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit