Watchtower In The Window

by watson 7 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Every time I see this new "LOGO", JW.Org, I'm taken back to the days in the late 60's and early 70's when we used to put a Watchtower in the rear window of our cars when on the way to our vacation..er, I mean, the District Convention (That's what they called it back then)

Then, some years later we were "admonished" to not put the Watchtower in the rear window of our cars while on the way to the DC.

How long before they council the "friends" to not bring "undo" attention to the organization?

Boring subject? Oh, well, had to throw it out there.

• zeb
    zeb

Having seen the driving skills and the appaling parking practices of jw cars...

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I so remember those days. Sometimes we would have a small convoy of jw's traveling together. And if one pulled off, the others would follow, just in case there was a problem of some kind. I remember once getting to ride with another family, because they had 2 boys my age, and there sister rode in my car with my family and sister!

Lots of fun memories from way back!

Dwain

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, I remember cowering down in the car as we drove through town in case School friends clocked me.

The handy thing with Dubbies I/D ing themselves like this is if you wish to stick an anti-witness tract on a car you know whose windscreen wiper to put it under.

• piztjw
    piztjw

How long before they council the "friends" to not bring "undo" attention to the organization?

It won't happen as long as jw.org is the new "golden calf" being promoted by the gibbering body.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    DwainBowman: I so remember those days. Sometimes we would have a small convoy of jw's traveling together. And if one pulled off, the others would follow, just in case there was a problem of some kind. I remember once getting to ride with another family, because they had 2 boys my age, and there sister rode in my car with my family and sister!

Lots of fun memories from way back!

I remember those days, too. Lots of fun memories for me, too. It all was so exciting back then; it seemed so real. What the hell happened?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats how JWs Rolled back in the day..

From Canada to the WBT$ New York Assembly,with a Watchtower in the Rear Window..

We were greeted in New York,by New York kids riding by us on bikes yelling..

"What Did Joe the Hobo Witness??!!"..

Those are the little moments that make a JW Kid proud,to be in the back seat where no one can see you..

At the WBT$ JW Assembly we found out Wonderful News..

The USA Army had been by to see how JWs feed so many people,so quickly..

Apparently USA troops had been starving up till then..

Once again the WBT$ had not only saved the day,but the entire USA Military!!..

Those were exciting times..

................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Oh outlaw, I so remember that statement about the U S Army coming to see how the JWs fed so many! Even at that time as a kid I thought it was BS. Hey, are you that old? I was at the NYC convention in the early 60s, and yes, that was our family vacation that year. We were at the Taft Hotel and the room was so small you had to go out in the hallway to turn around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit