Are they still teaching christ millinial 1000yrs then letting satan loose again????????? sheech

by dugout 6 Replies latest jw friends

• dugout
    dugout

What are ur thoughts on this subject just wondering

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

As far as I know yes. Lately the only doctrine's they've been playing with are "This Generation.." and the Faithful and discreet slave.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yes, still being taught in that it hasn't been changed, but it doesn't get brought up much. I believe the last time it was mentioned was about 6 months back when they did the #4 on the topic of the abyss. Apparently satan will actually be dead for 1000 years, not just trapped but conscious.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while. - Rev 20:1-3

The only problem with this teaching is calling it "Christ's Millenial Reign". Revelation says Satan will be bound in the abyss for 1000 years. It also says in verse 6 that those who are part of the first resurrection will rule with Christ for the 1000 years. However, the Bible is clear elsewhere that Christ's rulership last much longer, and had actually started after his resurrection. So, it would be better to call this the something like the "Millenial Co-Reigning of the Chosen Ones", or the "Millenial Abyssing of Satan", or something like that. Other than that, the teaching matches what the Bible says in these verses.

Is there some problem with this teaching other that what I've identified already?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

More absolute rubbish from the Book of Magical Thinking. It's hard to believe that in 2014 so many people fall for these make-believe fairy tales. Folks, come up to Present Time and stop obsessing about the nonsensical stories from the 2000+ year old Bible. Live in the Now, because that is all there is, ultimately. The past is long gone, the Future is yet to be.

• prologos
    prologos

They played around with that (kind of) by trying to sneak in the idea that the final test is within the 1000 years by contradicting the bibel and often saying :

" AT the end of the 1000 years satan will be loosed" rather than quoting correctly " AFTER the 1000 years were ENDED, satan will be loosed.

I guess wt writers wanted the timing all locked up tidily WITHIN the 7 creative days, no messy final restoration after the 7000, or 49 000, 50 000 year counting.

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

Man, wasn't that such a let down when we were all still in. The idea you have survived Armageddon, And now, after 1,000 years, have to do it again. In studies, you could see the dissapointment on their faces when getting to that point.

Thank God it's all rubbish. (Now that I think about it, it just hit me, maybe it should have sooner, but the time I wasted worrying about trivial, fruitless, vain things. It's really kind of awful to think about how much we all lost. I know it's not something to focus on, but that's not always easy to do in practice. I'm like a proffesional brooder now.)

As one commenter already made mention, the main changes and tinkering is done with the "This Generation" thing. Which, should really be a red flag to anyone still in. It was for me. And if I were in charge, I'd want to tinker with it as well, and pronto. Considering how based around time it is. It's kind of brilliant in a sick depraived way. The generation thing kept people in, assuring all a hope that would come within their lifetime. I am sometimes really surprised how this thing is still going. Like, wow. Cult Mentality or not, False Prediction after False prediction. At some point some stand back and analyze the picture. Wish it didn't take so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit