Proof Exodus 24-40 is late....

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Was listening to the audio on the way to town as I have amny times buit noted a phrase that popped out.

"South toward the Negab"

Most people would place this in the Sinai Pen. or even Saudi Arabia.

But the text disagrees. "Negab towards the south..."

At this moment I want to give a finger to the fundementalists that take this as histry and explain some things

1. The Negab is NOT south of either St. Catherines or Jabel-ElLawes...Mt. Sinai...

2. The expression south towards...the Negab.. is saying this is a southern loacation in Jerusalem likely.

When?

Ezra claims that the foundations were built but not finished for many years.. what would these people do? Worship at a tent? With the south toward the Negab? Yeah likely.

BTW I got this all from you holy bible.... yeah listening to the part you find boring. Exodus 25-40.

The idea of P writing (Priestly) is as old theory tha has yet to be rejected BUT when? Part of it likely dates in Hellenistic times BUT.... I think some of it like this tabenacle was written in the 6th or likely 5th century.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

i totally agree with the whole "j", "e", "p", and "redactor" theory. makes sooo much more sense

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Are you referencing Exodus 26:18?

Here is the older NWT:

• (Exodus 26:18 NWT) . . .And you must make the panel frames for the tabernacle, twenty panel frames for the side toward the Neg′eb, to the south.

And here is the revised version:

• (Exodus 26:18 rNWT) . . .You are to make 20 panel frames for the south side of the tabernacle, facing south.

And here is a comparison of other translations.

The Hebrew is literally "on the southside southward." The problem is the Hebrew word negeb ( נֶ֫גֶב; Strong's 5045) can mean "south" or it can be a proper noun, "Negev." It would appear that the revised NWT was corrected to read as most translations do.

Bobcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit