Anyone have a scan of WT Feb 1938 Edition with a Title "Should they Marry"?

by Matt_fs 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

Can't seem to find online, wondering if anyone has access to it?

Thank you in advance

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

https://drive.google.com/?usp=chrome_app#folders/0B4cctAuKZHavelZIaDdHUHVFTlU

I'm not sure of which one the 1st or 15th? if you can't open that one let me know.... I have most of the WT archives.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Matt,

I cannot see the article in the February issue. However, the November 1, 1938 has this section:

SHOULD THEY MARRY NOW?
    4 If in obedience to the divine command the Jonadabs or great multitude will marry and rear children after Armageddon, would it not be Scripturally proper for them to begin doing so immediately before Armageddon? and should the Jonadabs now be encouraged to marry and rear children? No, is the answer, supported by the Scriptures. Referring now to the prophetic drama or picture made in the day of the deluge, note that Noah’s three sons and their wives did not have or rear any children before or during the flood, and not until after the flood (etc)" - page 323

If you email me, I could provide you with scans of the pages.

http://www.jwstudies.com/contact_me.html

Doug

• Splash
    Splash
    Sorta, kinda related:
    IS IT ADVISABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN?

NO - Face the Facts (1938) pp.46,50

"Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and to begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scripture. Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone"

NO - Children (1941) p. 312-313

"Should men and women, both of whom are Jonadabs or "other sheep" of the Lord now marry before Armageddon and bring forth children? They may choose to do so but the admonition or advice of the scriptures appears to be against it. The three sons of Noah and their wives were in the ark and were saved from the flood. They began to have children two years after the flood. That would appear to indicate it would be proper that those who will form the "great multitude" should wait until after Armageddon to bring children into the world."

YES - w50 10/15 p. 383 "Be Fruitful, Multiply, Fill the Earth"

Since the carrying out of the command to "be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth" waits until after Armageddon, does that mean that those who now marry and rear children are violating God’s laws? No, for the Scriptures show that "marriage is honourable in all"

YES - w51 6/15 p. 362 On Service Tour in New Zealand

From the Scriptures it was shown that it is proper for Christians to marry and the purpose of marriage is the rearing of children.

NO - w71 4/1 p. 214 Preach God’s Kingdom with the Right Viewpoint

NO - w88 3/1 pp. 21-22 par. 17 Childbearing Among God’s People

NO - Jeremiah book (2010 - Studied 2013) chap. 8 pp. 94-95 par. 7 Will You "Keep Living," as Did Jeremiah?

6 What relevance is there in God’s command that Jeremiah not marry or have children? Today, some loyal Christians are unmarried or have no children. Consider first that Jeremiah was to remain childless. Jesus did not command his followers to abstain from having children. Yet, it is noteworthy that he pronounced "woe" on pregnant women or those nursing a baby when tribulation came on Jerusalem in 66-70 C.E. That time would be especially difficult for them, given their situation. We now face a greater tribulation. This should add a dimension for Christian couples who are deciding whether to have children. While each couple must decide if they will have children, Jeremiah’s case is worth considering.

Note: 75+ years after first being told not to, JW's are still being cautioned against having children.

Besides, in the new system there will be no children:

- Golden Age 1930, April 2. Page 446 Bible Questions and Answers

QUESTION: Will husband and wife live together after the resurrection is completed, if both are in harmony with God?

ANSWER: The Scriptures do not reveal what the relationship of men and women will be after the resurrection is completed. The most that we know is that there will be no children born during the last 100 years of the Millennium (Isa. 65: 20), nor any born after that, because men and women do not have children after they reach the age of 100 years.

• designs
    designs

weren't we in a very screwy religion....

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

You can download the entire pdf WT 1938 volume here:

https://ia600304.us.archive.org/27/items/WatchtowerLibrary/magazines/w/w1938_E.pdf

or use this:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit