California University System "Unrecognizes" Evangelical group

by designs 2 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship had their status changed because their beliefs do not allow for the diversity required of groups with campus privileges. Access to Community Halls, Dorms.

This will affect 23 campuses. In response InterVarsity is claiming reverse discrimination and restricting freedom of speech. InterVarsity spokesperson called this new policy the "new racism" by specially targeting religious beliefs that are closed or exclude others based on sexual preference.

This decision does not restrict a Christian from evangelizing on campus in general just in certain forums owned by the State University System.

Is Free Speech at risk.

Have you known of JWs requesting official status from universities in your State to set up their Carts. What has been the official response.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Free speech is not at risk in this situation. You can say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.

I could hypothetically say that everyone on this forum sucks. (I would never do that!) But, the consequences would likely be that I wouldn't have many friends on here.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A court may overturn this decision. California University is a public university. Details matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit