JW's and the axe

by why144000 5 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

The current state of the JW’s reminds me of the old joke about the father passing on an axe to his son. He says” Son, this axe has been used in our family for 5 generations. We have changed the handle a few times and twice had to put on a new blade but it is still the same axe your great grandfather used”.

The number of changes that have occurred in the last 100 years makes todays religion a totally new animal.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Nice illustration. I think I'll steal it.

• Listener
    Listener

Very good. Hopefully that son just recognizes it as a bit of notalgia and now uses a chain saw.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Meh, it's still the same religion fundamentally. They still teach no trinity, no immortal soul, no hellfire, paradise earth restored.....all the same core teachings Russell taught since 1879...

These core teachings are the real concept that keeps them captive. Only the Christadelphians and the Filipino Iglesia ni Cristo churches come anything close to having the same doctrinal framework.

• prologos
    prologos

It used to be sharp. no more. get a handle on that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Those in the U.K and elsewhere that have seen the great T .V Sitcom "Only Fools and Horses" will know what I mean when I say "Trigger's Broom".

It felt great when two Elders called to invite me to go back, to say to them that the Religion I left, just a few years ago, no longer exists, I cannot "Go back".

I said that they would have to convince me the new "religion" has the truth, just as they would have to convince someone of the public.

I will await the return Visit upon me to do just that, but won't hold my breath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit