A scripture that sums up what awake/fading JWs must endure.

by BU2B 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Just thought I would share. It hit home.

Put no trust in a friend, have no confidence in a loved

one; guard the doors of your mouth from her who lies

in your embrace.— Micah 7:5, New Revised Standard

Version.

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

And when you start and eventually do fade, another scripture comes to mind: "All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me." John 16:1-3 NIV. Has anyone experienced that? All you have to be is marked, let alone DAd or DFd. So perhaps before one fades, the wisdom of Micah 7:5 seems to apply. Thanks for that scripture.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sad, but true.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How about "the truth shall set you free" (not to mention its fundamental WT-related irony)?

That's the one that stuck in my head shortly before and during my fade.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Should of read that scripture before I shared any ttatt with my wife, almost got me df'd

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread BU2B!

Yes...all the comments are so true...sad but true....

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

BU2B,

It hit home because that scripture is being fulfilled in a very profound way by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Micah 7:5-6

Do not put YOUR faith in a companion. Do not put YOUR trust in a confidential friend. From her who is lying in your bosom guard the openings of your mouth. 6  For a son is despising a father; a daughter is rising up against her mother; a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man’s enemies are the men of his household.

Jesus Christ himself echoed that scripture:

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50  Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51  Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52  For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

It is ALL about his baptism.

The fire has been lit.

The wheat is being seperated from the chaff and gathered to his storehouse:

Matthew 3:11-12

That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire. 12  His winnowing shovel is in his hand, and he will completely clean up his threshing floor, and will gather his wheat into the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with fire that cannot be put out."

You are being threshed.

So who are the wheat and who the chaff?

What Paul said helps answer that question:

Romans 9:25-26

26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ------ YOU are not my people,’

Everything the bible said would happen, is really happening!

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Romans 9:25-26

26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ------ YOU are not my people,’

What is happening here is also echoed by Jesus Christ in the Book of Revelation:

Revelation 11:13

And in that hour a great earthquake occurred, and a tenth of the city fell; and seven thousand persons were killed by the earthquake, and the rest became frightened and gave glory to the God of heaven.

"and seven thousand persons were killed by"

Here's the footnote in the NWT:

Footnote

Rbi8 Revelation 11:13

Lit., "seven thousand names of men."

"seven thousand names of men were killed by"

It is your NAME that is being killed!

In our more modern culture we would call this a; Character Assassination.

[NAME of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

Jesus Christ is awesome!

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Stirred but not shaken,

a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

Exactly!

See what Jesus Christ meant by "kills you" in the post above.

Jesus Christ is awesome!

abe

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

ablebodiedman - "Jesus Christ is awesome!"

He thinks you're pretty cool, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit