What Happened to my DEAR FRIEND?

by NoMoreHustle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

When I first learned about the bull $#@! about the cult that I am in, I reached out to my good friend who brought me into this organization through a study. This man is wonderful human being & I thought would be understanding to my struggles. It is going on almost 2 years now & I still have not heard back from him.

I was very sincere with my ?'s to him, he was after all an elder in the ORG. I wasn't sure that something was wrong with ORG until our conversation was abruptly ended by his re-action to what I was asking him. The clincher for him was when I asked about NGO staus etc. He said "There is no way that is true period" so I knew then that there is no reasoning with him whatsoever.

I realized that night without a doubt in my mind it is a CULT! Now I just gotta convince wife & couple of other family members. It has been very hard though, but I remain optimistic. NMH

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

NoMoreHustler|:- from what you write " your very good friend" who bought you in to the truth would like you to just quietly leave. I would go so far to say he is fully aware the organisation is bunk and now your questions are not welcome.

I hope things work out with the family. No rush.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I hate to tell you, but your 'good friend' has dropped you like a hot potato. Same thing happened when I was studying with a MS about 5 years ago. As soon as I started asking probing questions, he abruptly stopped coming over. My reaction was to write him off totally and stop attending KH meetings. Your friend is obviously a lost cause. All you can do is try to alert your family members that it IS a cult. Maybe your experience will wake them up. Hope things go well. PS: ask your wife if she has any good explanation as to why your 'friend' broke off contact with you, after you started asking sincere questions.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Seems to be the mo. The sister I was studying with used to text me and check on me etc. But since our last study a few months ago when I asked her my questions, nothing. And she was supposed to research my questions and have answers for our next study. I am still waiting on those answers!

• steve2
    steve2

You guys are obviously asking the wrong questions.

You know full well where the right questions are: At the foot of the page in the Study Edition of the Watchtower.

No other questions are necessary.

Shame on you.

You have only yourselves to blame.

• clarity
    clarity

Made the mistake of mentioning that I found out

that the gb say they are the mediators for us, not

christ. Well big reaction, my friend loudly stated that

this is a lie..............:-( !!!!!

Going on two years now......still no contact & she

still has not looked it up to prove if I was a 'liar'or not!

So my friendship wasn't worth very much to her!

Omg these people are so damaged in the head!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well i guess on the positive side it can be " counted" at least the study conductors maintainded contact after Baptisam, when they couldn't count hours. You see we all have our redeeming qualities.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The issue is never actually about the content of the question, but the very fact that a question was EVEN ASKED!

NEVER doubt Jehovah's appointed channel.....
    NEVER question the organization....

• Fernando
    Fernando

Once we have invested too much in a scam we strangely develop a vested interest in supporting it at all costs to save face.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Fernando -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit