Do you have Chromecast?

by Iamallcool 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you do have Chromecast, are there any cool apps that you like? I was wondering can I get text messages on Chromecast?

• Simon
    Simon

I bought one but don't use it much - it works well but we just haven't got into the habit and it always ends up being unplugged for the XBox to connect.

Haven't tried any of the extra apps yet ... I remember the SDK came out so I'm sure there must be a few available now.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I do, actually have 2.

Mainly used for casting movies, & sometimes music, not happy with Google Play Music sound quality over Chromecast.

I have not gone much beyond those 2 apps at this stage

• Viviane
    Viviane

I do, i use itnfor Netflix and streaming from a browser, mostly. I also have an Amazon fire TV. It works great.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Yes, I use it mainly to stream music from Songza or YouTube from my iPad or use Netflix. I haven't tried to rent a movie yet, I live in Canada, so things are maybe a bit more expensive than the States?

Chromecast needs to be used with a tablet, smartphone, or computer, and you can't get text messages that I know of. It's a media renderer, to play songs or movies (so says my computer geek husband). Hope that helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit