A question JW's cannot answer (also need help)

by Matt_fs 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

Hello,

Man, its been YEARS since I posted on here. When I was in deep discussion with my very close JW friend, this forum helped me tremendously, so thank you all for your help and knowledge.

Many years ago I went to my JW friends house with one sheet of paper with my notes and questions. I had him stumped and he said he would get back to me (which he never did).

Anyways, many years have passed without even discussing anything and just the other day he brought it up and wanted to see what he couldn't answer. Because of the time passed, I have lost that sheet and cannot for the life of me remember the verse or the referece in their own bible where I had him not able to answer me, so I am looking here after a couple hours of searching online unsuccessfully.

We were discussing the trinity and there were 2 seperate verses in seperate chapters in the NWT that was talking about the same thing (in their bible they had the reference on the side showing the connection between the 2 verses). I believe the author who wrote it was John, but it was not in the book of John. I don't remember the wording exactly, but it had to do with one verse saying Jesus is Jehovah, but the other verse removed jesus or jehovah. Is this making sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please forgive me for not explaining it properly if it doesn't make sense.

Thanks for your help,

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then click on "topics posted on" or "topics started". I did that to your name and saw 8 years ago a topic on the trinity and other topics as well. My bet is that one of those is what you are looking for.

• Londo111
  • Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

Thank you for your replies, however, the thing I am looking for was not discussed on this forum, or rather the information wasn't given here.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The only thing I think you might be talking about then is in Revelation? About the first and the last, the alpha and omega? There are a few of those in revelation and I know the WT says one is Jesus and one is Jehovah or something to that effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit