Big Brother - UK Style

by KenUK 9 Replies latest jw friends

• KenUK
    KenUK

Well here we go in the UK - Big Brother for the next 64 days...

But here I was watching "Have I got news for you", the slaughtering of the presenter for being caught with his pants down etc in the wonderful Sunday tabloid "News of the World" last weekend, when the 'phone rings...

My ex-wife, (conversation once a year etc etc), on the telephone, saying look at Big Brother , its Spencer... and yes as I turned over... it was Spencer..

Bear with me guys:-)

Now I can see Spencer knocking on doors and giving talks not many moons ago, prior to and after my d/f... yup, Big Brother's got (to the best of my knowledge) its first ex jw...

Interesting watching (and I enjoy Big Brother as much as Eastenders and Corrie...) guess I'll watch now:-)

(Spencer, eldest of 3 jw children (surname witheld by me), parents still in the "truth", and regular drinking partners of myself and ex a few years back whilst in the same cong and still only a few miles away..)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL

That's great - sadly, I shall now have to watch it, too!
    Thanks Ken.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ken,

I watched the show - funniest thing I have seen for ages! Love the News of the World t-Shirt. Poor old Angus Deayton, gets rumbled as a super-stud by a call-girl and then has to host an almost live show where all the guests -including the Mayor of London - take pot-shots at him. http://www.hignfy.net/contentsframeset.htm

A bit like posting elsewhere, eh?

Englishman.

• termite 35
    termite 35

My girls made me watch BB tonight; I can't remember a 'Spencer',i'll definately watch again though now;his life's looking a tad more interesting now then?Good luck to him...though if he's embarassed by his past I don't hold out much hope for his privacy once the papers start...

• ISP
    ISP

Yep....I saw Angus humbled! Very funny!!!

ISP

• spider
    spider

Thats a coincidence because the black guy in Big Brother from last year - was it Dean - made a comment about growing up as a witness as well. Wanna watch it but I made a decision a few weeks ago to give up television. I feel so out of touch already.

• Simon
    Simon

I've never watched Big Brother but I may give it a try.

"Have I Got News" was brilliant. Poor Angus!

• City Fan
    City Fan

spider -

I seem to remember Dean last year saying he grew up as a witness. My wife even watches Big Brother when they're all asleep !!

Only 64 days left till I get the remote back !

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Well Spencer has been kicked out the big brother house.

4th person evicted.

Ignored One (Iggy).

Edited to correct an error.

Edited by - ignored_one on 24 June 2002 8:39:37

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

I know that Dean from last year is an ex-jw but Spencer???

Maybe next year they should do a jw big brother. Their weekly task could be a written review, based on a strict personal study regime each week. The eviction process could be decided by a judicial committee in the diary room, with the most spiritually weak housemate being evicted each week.

And instead of a 70 grand prize for the winner, they could be given the 'privelledge' of a trainee place on the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit