Reintroducing myself...

by awoke 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• awoke
    awoke

Hi Everyone!

I post rarely and had been posting under my first name for the past year. After I registered last year, I came in contact with a friend who is an active JW. Because I do not want to lose contact with the family, I've selected a name that isn't so obvious (in case anyone in this family happens to lurk and put 2+2 together).

I've been "inactive" for more than 10 yrs (and have NO intentions of ever returning). I live in the NW part of the US. More info about me is on Who's Who.

I used to lurk quite a bit, but life has been a bit crazy for me this past month. So I haven't been reading the board as much as I used to. My hubby lost his job about two weeks just after we relocated to a new city (we transfered due to a promotion believe it or not). I realize my worries are probably small beans to what some others are currently going through on the forum, which is one of the reasons why I'm trying to get reacquainted. (I hope to offer some encouraging words.)

• Simon
    Simon

That sounds a bit dodgy loosing your job so soon after relocating for them! I would imagine you should be due some compensation from them (obviously I don't know all the details though).

Hope things work out - I know what it's like loosing a job and it can be a stressful time.

Welcome (back?) to the forum !

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Hello Awoke! Welcome. I hope to meet you in chat soon.
    I agree with Simon - I certainly hope there was adequate compensation for you and your husband. I hope it all works out for the best.

hugs,
    Mimilly

• awoke
    awoke

Thanks Simon and Mimilly!

We actually have an attorney, but there's not a whole lot he can do since the state we live in is an "at will" employer - meaning they can terminate for whatever reason they want. We're doing what we can though.

We are just taking it one day at a time, but I just hate being in this situation. It's kind of scary knowing that we currently have no income coming in.

Thanks again for the nice welcome and words of encouragement!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It looks like the company planned the termination, making it a two stage affair. That means they planned to fire your husband before his transfer. The transfer was for the purpose of termination in a state that would leave you guys without recourse. Maybe your lawyer could try the 'conspiracy' approach. If it could be reasonable suggested that the termination was already in the works before the relocation, then the laws from the other state could maybe be applied.

SS

• RR
    RR

Hi Awoke,

pull up a chair and make yourself comfy, you might add some <ahem> class to this place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit