No mention of DF in new brochure?

by thedepressedsoul 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I went on my tablet today and clicked "Yes" that I attended the convention (They probably tracked my IP and two elders will show up on my door step)

I scanned through the new brochure on bringing those who have left back. I noticed that not once they mentioned anyone who was DF! It only talked about those who have left.

I don't think they are getting ride of the DF arrangement but, is this brochure only for inactive?

It doesn't make sense to me since most leave and are then DF or are in the process of leaving when they are DF. I don't get what is going on and how this brochure can be used.

Also, it shows the GB are getting worried about their numbers if they're stooping to this level or trying to get old members back.

Lastly, did they really think a Yes or No question was a good security measure to not have the publications released ahead of time? Hate to see them make a Anti-virus program!

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

I did think it was interesting that they put more of a focus on confessing to Jehovah and getting right with Him than talking to the Elders.

Also, they very much made it sound like absolutely no disciplinary action would be taken against any repentant sinner who returns, no matter the sin.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    This could be a good brochure for Public Relations. They can use and claim that , "See there is no shunning permitted in the congregations of JW's, here is our brochure"
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I think the new brochure is just to make themselves look like they are reaching out to those who have left. Most of my relatives who are still in don't bother me since I left around 15 years ago, however I don't live in the same hometown. I did tell my mother that I no longer want anything to do with that religion and if they wanted to shun me as an apostate that would be just fine because I don't need those kind of toxic people in my life.

LRG

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I interested in the direction of how this brochure will be used though.

It does seem too PR friendly though.

• Splash
    Splash

The brochure says to confess your sins to Jehovah, then approach the elders. It is carefully worded this way.

In reality you have also to confess your sins to the elders.
    They will make a judgement call on your punishment, and you might just end up disfellowshipped for something you did 40 years ago.

*** w11 8/15 p. 31 par. 15 Pursue Peace ***
    If a Christian becomes aware of a serious sin on the part of a fellow believer, he should encourage that one to confess the sin to the elders.

*** g97 10/22 p. 30 From Our Readers *** Confessing Sins
    I serve as a congregation elder, and I want to express my appreciation for the article “Young People Ask . . . Should I Confess My Sin?” (January 22, 1997) This article moved a number of youngsters to confess serious transgressions committed some time ago.

*** g03 6/22 p. 19 How My Spiritual Thirst Was Satisfied *** Matters That Began to Bother Me
    Yet, some activities within the Catholic Church bothered me... In addition, I had a hard time believing that I had to go to a priest to confess my sins. I reasoned that I should be able to talk to God about such personal matters.
  • millie210
    millie210
    FusionTheism23 minutes agoI did think it was interesting that they put more of a focus on confessing to Jehovah and getting right with Him than talking to the Elders.
    Also, they very much made it sound like absolutely no disciplinary action would be taken against any repentant sinner who returns, no matter the sin.

Well as for the first part - that would be the smartest thing theyve come up with in years(albeit a little like closing a barn door after the horses have run away)

as for the second part...glad to hear it! I have a few "sins" I would have liked to commit while I was instead, slaving away for the JWs...I think I will go dig up my list of missed opportunities and run with it...

before I go back of course! (HA)

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

One more thing I noticed that is very different:

They make a big point of saying that ANYONE who starts going back to the Congregation will be "warmly welcomed" by the people in the Congregation.

It didn't say anything about "except for those who are Disfellowshipped," or any kind of footnote or exclusions at all.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

they put more of a focus on confessing to Jehovah and getting right with Him

but why the need to confess to jehovah---isnt he omniscient and sees all things ? if god hadnt forgiven the sinner he would be dead already.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Yea right!

orgies-perverts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit