2015 Convention Releases

by wifibandit 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeb
    zeb

Calebs dad has tight pants!

If you think the caleb creature is sad wait till the poor little guy hits puberty...................aarrgh!

• Splash
    Splash

So there's a new Greatest Man book as well. Very polished.

In 324 pages they only make one reference to 1914.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I am not one to call conspiracy on every little detail and maybe I am reading too much into this but note the way the reference is worded:

A careful study of Bible prophecy reveals that “the Lord’s day” began in modern times. In 1914, what became known as World War I broke out. And the decades since then have been marked by more wars, plagues, starvation, earthquakes, and other evidences marking a large-scale fulfillment of “the sign” that Jesus gave his apostles about his “presence” and “the end.” (Matthew 24:3, 7, 8, 14) The preaching of the good news of the Kingdom is now being done, not just in the area of the Roman Empire, but globally.

It says the Lord's day began "in modern times". 1914 is not referenced directly as the start of this nor is the establishment of the Kingdom linked directly to 1914 in a way that it would have been in the past. 1914 is simply referenced as the start of WW1

Now this maybe very subtle but could this be a move to disentangle 1914/WW1 from the establishment of the Kingdom?

On the other hand, pages 258/259 discuss Matt 24 and the generation is still linked to the last days. One part of this says:

Jesus is once again showing that what he is foretelling is not of limited scope. He is not prophesying about events that would occur in a few decades and that would affect only the city of Jerusalem or the Jewish nation. No, he is pointing to developments that “will come upon all those dwelling on the face of the whole earth.”

When you read the whole chapter the generation teaching is still very much related to events of the last days....

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nice to see they kept the Eddie Murphy picture as well. p 316

• wifibandit
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    wifibandit: I'm sure that over the years, all of us have heard 99% of the horsehockey they'll be shoveling at this convention. So, technically, all of us already HAVE attended. :P
  • pixel
    pixel

I see the Big Boys at Crooklyn will buy with Sophia's money buildings, more buildings, and..cows. Disgusting!

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

And in another exercise in applied stupidity, they've given us a new mascot. Say hello to the new Sparlock...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cuckoo, what is that thing? Jabba the Frog Turd?

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Apparently it's a "lie"...
    It's a character from one of the kid's videos, and the latest scapegoat for their indoctrination techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit