Care to hazard a guess?

by LDH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Man am I on a roll after talking to my cousin and reading Stupid Stuff by Xandit....

Why is the whole JW website ( http://www.watchtower.org ) sitting on a standard non-secure server, but if you want to ask them a question via e-mail, you are rolled to a secure site?

https://watch001.securesites.com/contact/submit.htm

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, because you have to give them all of your personal info, and then they won't ANSWER you via email (even though it's on a secure server) but they will send someone to your door.

Now why do they need to roll you to a secure server if you're not transmitting confidential info for them to act on? If you want any info on any other religion, they don't have you fill out a secure questionnaire on a secure server.

Wierd.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I guess that they are worried that the clever Mormon boys who have done a lot of programming for the WTS might steal their lists of "interested" persons. Just think, the friendly neighborhood J-dub turns up at a door of Mr. Sheeplike and gets turned away because he has already accepted a free home study of the Book of Mormon.

The secure site means them pesky Mormon boys don't get to the sheep first.

Am I right?

Thirdson

• conflicted
    conflicted

Always on the lookout for apostates. You know I was so scared as a child that I would run into one in service. I had this idea they'd have 7 heads and 10 horns and all that.

Sorry, OT - You know they have to keep tabs on everyone they preach to before the end :)

• waiting
    waiting

hey thirdson,

clever Mormon boys who have done a lot of programming for the WTS

Care to elaborate? I've not heard about this. Thanks.

waiting

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Waiting,

I am sure some Bethelites may (or I hope) say more about this.

However, if you remember the first time the WTS published the NWT on diskette, the presentation was done by Folio Corporation of Utah and was plastered all over the diskettes and literature. If you check out what NextPage does (the company Folio became) it specializes in storing and retrieval of large amounts of library data for publishing companies. Check out the executives. I think if you attended Brigham Young University I bet you are a Mormon boy.

I was joking in my reply but many a true word is spoken in jest!

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit