Catholic church = all other churches

by FRUSR8TD 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

Has anyone ever noticed a trend in this? I was haveing a conversation with my wife on some things and she asked me "well what does your preist think?"....I had to explain that I went to a church that has a pastor not a preist. She had never head of such a thing. Also every time I get into conversations with her family it is allways "well the cathlic church did...(insert atrocity here). It seems that from a general point of view with them.....Catholic church = all other churches.

• Celia
    Celia

Hi Frustrated,
    Is your wife a JW ?

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

yea...she grew up as one and left before we met...since 9-11 her mom got her back in. we have been maried for 7 years now, and have 3 wonderfull kids.

• Celia
    Celia

After 7 years she went back to the meetings and door-to-door magazines distribution ?
    Amazing !
    JWs don't differenciate between all other religions. For them, the Catholics, Baptists, Methodists are as bad as Moonies or any other little cult that ask its members to drink poison to go to Heaven.... They are all part of Babylon the Great, the whore...

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

yea...fear is a great motivator.....she became scared that the end was comeing....my mistake in that 7 years was not giving her any other spiritual food she could sink her teeth into.

• Celia
    Celia

What about your kids ? How old are they ?
    Is she taking them to the meetings with her ?
    ---shiver---

• Satanus
    Satanus

Your wifes knowledge on religious matters seems limited. Is that the result of fear? How might one reduce the fear she has?

SS

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

I have followed the same train of thought...and I have done everything I can to make her
    feel safe....she however is also a victim of abuse mental/phys/sexual from her alcoholic
    father. Her mother did not leave him because "the bible says no divorce"...(I have tried
    my best to explain to her what the bible really says, but the "apostate shields" are too
    strong). She also lost her virginity to a brother who raped her at 17 yr. old. The same
    brother that was engaged to her sister. The family response was to hurry up the marriage
    with her sister so that he would no longer be tempted...she never really got in depth when
    she was "studying" before and really knows very little about the faith. I have had to tell
    her many common beliefs of the church. I think that her drives at the moment stem a lot
    from wanting a healthy family and this is a subconscious way of making it all better. I
    have seen too it that she get into counseling and she has began to address these issues
    now and is starting to see how her family really is. no one wants to believe her or deal
    with the ramifications. they would much rather hide it all under the rug and hope it goes
    away. she knows that no longer works...I hope that by addressing the mental illness the
    rest will in time follow. I have also tried to draw a line for her between her family's
    illness (WHOLE family here) and the church. Also the interesting way her family hides
    away anything "embarrassing" rather than deal with it, like the jws do.

• Jewel
    Jewel

For Witnesses, the religious world is divided into four groups:

1-Themselves, the only true Christians
    2-Christendom-every other Christian religion in the world, but especially the Catholic religion
    3-Jewish people-once Jehovah's people but now no better than 2 above. Maybe worse actually because they killed Jesus
    4-Pagans(which equals Satan Worshippers-or anybody who reads a Harry Potter book-same thing)-everybody else.

Jewel-who just got (another) lecture from Mom about the dangers of letting my kids read J.K. Rowling...Sigh

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

JWs are not very doctinal people, because of arrogance and ignorance they can not distinguish between the Papists, and the evangelical protestants. JWs is a lot like rome in the sence that they believe that salvation is a synergistic cooperation with God. In fact they the JWs are more Palagian(5 century heracy or salvation by ones own works and will) than by grace alone by faith alone. I would call the thread JWs not a whole lot better than Rome or JWs just as much a road to hell as the Romish system,

sola fide,
    jr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit