A Way to Weave 2

by looter 3 Replies latest jw friends

• looter
    looter

Now I know that this would of course be illegal, wrong, and deceitful but has anyone here ever thought of creating a fake jw.org website that looks 100% authentic to the actual site but features ttatt? Like mentioned before, this would definitely be fraud or some other badness but just think of how many people could be woken up if this were real. It might not open up everyone's eyes but for the witnesses that stumble onto jw.org for hours watching videos, this false jw site could really work. What do you think?

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think trying to deceive people ever works as we imagine it would.

When facts and reality are on your side, what do you benefit from usiing deception?

And of course you'd be painting a huge legal target on your back ...

The problem with JWs is getting them to open their mind to the possibility that the WTS is not what it claims and actively lies to them. That usually needs some triggering life event or situation for them to see the wizard behind the curtain.

All we can and should try to do is provide the information people need when they search for it and advice and support when they need it.

• SAHS
    SAHS

IMHO, I think that a stunt like that would just be shooting yourself in the foot. Other than getting yourself into some fancy legal trouble, it would just make people all the more angry and resentful at what they could label a stereotype “apostate.” Just like the devious form of mudslinging politician on the campaign trail, it would just be sure to backfire with a vengeance. (Simply put: Bad idea. Don’t even think about it. Not that you would ever try, I’m sure, but, well, just say’n.)

• looter
    looter

You guys are truely right. Don't know what I was thinking or even imagining. Guess the desperate wounds of trying to wake your friends up are oozing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit