unchanging rituals Australian aboriginals, Jw street walkers.

by prologos 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

watched parts of a documentary on the stunning beauty of aborginal sites, , ancient art and costumes of the original Australian inhabitants.

Their beliefs, as I understood it, requires ceremonial dream trecks through their territory to preserve the universe, their eden. how

similar to wt beliefs, that their holy street work is the only way that the future paradise will be established, populated.

• Paris
    Paris

I was unaware that walkabouts had a religous meaning. An interesting analogy.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

interesting parallel

• prologos
    prologos

This is a National Geographic Special episode " Keepers of the Dream." It occured to me that the rituals of these ancient and obviously able people were imortant to them, believing that the activities, useless as it seems to outsiders, strengthened their belief and guarantied preservation of paradise. The House to house walking is a similar ritualized activity, with little real impact on the intendet aim, and puzzling to say the least, to onlookers.

The film had scenes of a remote rock oasis, that you'd swear was sculpted by a genius landscape architect, but clearly a natural formation, and the place where Petro glyphs, cave paintings were done thousands of years before the fictional Mid-east garden of eden could have existed.

but rituals did and still do

one August campaign finished, next: more ritual walking .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit